The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about music production (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Can't get the sound working. (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24112)

Jade 04.01.2004 05:11 PM

Can't get the sound working.

Anyone who uses Cubase SX?

I've connected the virus to my soundcard
and configured the ports.
The leds are responding in both ways,
but there's no sound.
All I here is the metronome when I record and
then replay it.

To me, it seems like a simple problem, but
I've tried almost everything accept - of course :-) -
what would solve my problem.

TommyS 04.01.2004 05:40 PM

Have you activated the input bus`s within SX. Also highlight the monitor button on that audio channel.

:D

Jade 10.01.2004 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyS
Have you activated the input bus`s within SX. Also highlight the monitor button on that audio channel.

:D

I'm not sure if I've activated the input bus, but the monitor button is highlighted. Where do you activate the input bus? I've only seen the output bus, and there's no reaction at all. What I've done is to activate the VST inputs and configure the MIDI input and output in the device setup. Later on I also configured the input and output for the specific channel I intend to use. I've only used cubase with samples software synths, so you would maybe say I'm a newbie to the hardware part.

Jade 10.01.2004 02:39 PM

Well I think I may have solved the problem. When I connect my headphones to the virus synth, then I can hear everything, but how do I configure the output to make the sound go through the monitors?

Ash 11.01.2004 07:39 PM

Skip the easy stuff that you already know, but you might pick out something you may have forgotten, this is how I always set up a new project:
Go to devices -> VST connections, and configure your input buses, make note of the name of your virus input channel (ie 'Stereo In 2')

Go to devices -> Device setup.. and click on VST Multitrack on the left.
Make sure Direct monitoring is unchecked.
Check your other settings while you are here.

Add an audio track in your main window, and in the track inspector (bar on the left) set your input and output channels.

Check the monitor icon and play something! Press F3 and check the levels on the mixer to see if the sound is going through or not.

Hrm, other than that, I cant really help you. Make sure you have the right ASIO driver selected?

Jade 14.01.2004 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash
Skip the easy stuff that you already know, but you might pick out something you may have forgotten, this is how I always set up a new project:
Go to devices -> VST connections, and configure your input buses, make note of the name of your virus input channel (ie 'Stereo In 2')

Go to devices -> Device setup.. and click on VST Multitrack on the left.
Make sure Direct monitoring is unchecked.
Check your other settings while you are here.

Add an audio track in your main window, and in the track inspector (bar on the left) set your input and output channels.

Check the monitor icon and play something! Press F3 and check the levels on the mixer to see if the sound is going through or not.

Hrm, other than that, I cant really help you. Make sure you have the right ASIO driver selected?

Well, I should try that =). Thank you!