The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Windows 7 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=30453)

cYrus 27.01.2009 08:18 PM

Windows 7

A lot of people are already betatesting the new windows 7 and it looks very good so far. though it seems like the virus installer has some problems to run properly. the driver installer only pops up for a short time and doesn't do anything.

as windows 7 uses the same drivers as windows vista it shouldn't be a big problem to allow the installation on windows 7. currently i've installed the virus drivers by hand and it seems to work. but i would appreciate if access would change the installer to behave like on vista when running on windows 7.

thanks!

Monobeat 27.01.2009 08:28 PM

You should email access support instead of posting it here. They are wonderful people who respond directly and provide great customer support.

cYrus 27.01.2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monobeat (Post 286307)
You should email access support instead of posting it here. They are wonderful people who respond directly and provide great customer support.

you're right. is probably the better place for that. thanks.

annikk.exe 27.01.2009 10:06 PM

Interesting to hear, all the same. :> Can you use it without a touch screen..?

I doubt many people will be switching away from Windows XP anytime soon though.

-Annikk

incubatid 31.01.2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annikk.exe (Post 286316)
Interesting to hear, all the same. :> Can you use it without a touch screen..?

I doubt many people will be switching away from Windows XP anytime soon though.

-Annikk

I tend to disagree. Once they try Win 7 they may change their tune!

This thing is amazing. Combines the best of XP (speed, agility, stability) with a fresh easy to use interface. A world away from Vista!

:)

Purusha 31.01.2009 10:52 AM

I've got Win7 and Vista on my machine. Interestingly, Vista SP2 (beta) gives me almost identical performance to Win7. The SP2 bit is the important factor.

It's possible MS may have the kernel in sync between the two versions.

Either way - performance is good!

:)

incubatid 31.01.2009 11:30 AM

Even so, all the subtle changes to the UI in Win 7 make it soooo much more pleasant to use! Thank god someone with some sense (the Office team perhaps?) have finally gotten their hands on Windows.

I can't remember the last time it was refreshing to use a new Windows, rather than a drag. Uhhg.

(the Win 98/ME --> 2000/XP upgrade perhaps?)

LivePsy 02.02.2009 07:00 AM

Microsoft is trying to fool you. First the Mojave Experiment to get people to say they liked Vista when they didn't know it was, and now Windows 7 as being something completely new. I hope it works, because we all need something to replace XP soon. But it really is Vista SP2 with a new UI.

B

Juho L 02.02.2009 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivePsy (Post 286572)
But it really is Vista SP2 with a new UI.

Check the kernel size.

Purusha 02.02.2009 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incubatid (Post 286531)
Even so, all the subtle changes to the UI in Win 7 make it soooo much more pleasant to use!

For example?