The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Off topic (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   A New Site, A New Start 2 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=27750)

Drammy 22.12.2006 12:30 AM

A New Site, A New Start 2

Well what d'ya think?

There is still a bit of work to be done:
  • The mp3 player is still waiting on some work from the developer to get it working.
  • The Header needs resitting into the page
  • The view latest posts needs adding to the default Infekted Red style (ps you can change styles using the dropdown at the bottom of the page).
  • The Search pop-up needs adding to the Infekted Red style.
  • Some of the arcade games don't post the scores.
...and plenty more - just trying to predict some of the things you may ask about...

Any questions, comments, gripes, suggestions???

Drammy

ten 22.12.2006 01:04 AM

Very very cool, nice one drambo...

One thing though, where is the 'view new posts since last visit' button? Thats one of the most frequently used things on a forum.

Also, quick reply didnt seem to work for me. It came up with an error when I tried to post it....might be me being a prick tho :)

ten

Drammy 22.12.2006 01:45 AM

The view posts since last visit is on the blue style and will be added onto the red style when I get a minute.

On the blue style it is in the Quick Links pop up.

What error did you get? I noticed some users had problems so I had to shut down for a few minutes - it might have been during this time. I'll keep an eye on it.

EDIT: I've found that it does post using the Quick reply - the screen doesn't refresh though - I'll look into it.

Drammy

bishopkris40 22.12.2006 01:46 AM

looking really good, got a bit of a fright as I was here earlier and it never look like this.

keep up the good work
Cheers
kris

Doc Jones 22.12.2006 03:31 AM

Whoa! At first I was like, "oh shit, we got hacked!", followed quickly by "damn, this hacker did a nice job!"

Looking good Drammy!

jasedee 22.12.2006 05:49 AM

Nice work Drammy!

A great X-Mas pressie for all of us here at Infekted...

logo80 22.12.2006 08:01 AM

I like this new style!

theMusicMan 22.12.2006 08:04 AM

Hey Drammy

I am sure you are sorted and are more than able to manage this yourself, but just in case - if you require any help or assistance regarding vB please just shout. I have an almost big-boards status forum running on vB and have 4+ yrs experience with the app. Happy to help.

Also - a few things in case you haven't got them in your to-dp list;

Enhanced Editor - Full WYSIWG editing - is a real bonus to have turned on for users. You get a what you see is what you get interface for posts and is a MUCH better user experience. You may also perhaps wish to turn this feature on for quick editor too.
Smilies - I can't see any? Do you intend keeping this turned off?
Logo - this is not aligning correctly in the header. I would imagine you have added this in the Style Manager logo area - I would actually edit the header template to get this to align correctly. Shout if you want me to do this for you - fee = £000.0000 :)
Main / Forums links in nav bar - there is a mod over on vBAdvanced that will allow you to show Main when on the Forum page, and Forum when on the Main page. No need for both in the nav bar links... so this saves space.
Permissions - in the migration process from phpBB these do not map directly to phpBB usergroups. Shout if you need anything here.

There ya go... hope you don't mind these comments.

John

Drammy 22.12.2006 08:12 AM

Course not - your help is most appreciated themusicman - twas your suggestion after all.

Yes most of those suggestions are on my to-do list and the resolution of them is underway.
Although I wasn't aware of the wysiwyg editor - I will certainly look into that! Any tip on where to find it - the back end of this thing is a beast!

mr.e 22.12.2006 08:14 AM

brilliant!!!