The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   The forum members' music (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   New Track - Lofter (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24123)

Hollowcell 08.01.2004 01:01 AM

New Track - Lofter

EDIT: this track has been removed from electromancer as they will only allow 4 tracks at one time online (unless you pay them), so i removed this one to put another one up.

Click my Electromancer link in my signature and away you go!

The explanation of the track in at Electromancer too....

It's called LOFTER and it's a SC-FI spacey kinda track!

Juho L 08.01.2004 01:11 AM

Let's Che.

Sounds ok. Very nice. But there's one essential thing missing: Movin pannings. For example on that lead which starts at the 0:32 needs a drifting panorama. Would be much better that way. Also add some short FM/sine bubble FX's with long tape delay to get that 70's sound.

Edit: Also I'd change the drums. A sampled acoustic drums. I'd replace that snare with a soft brush snare and add some hats/ride at the background. Maybe a loop of somekind would do fine.

Hollowcell 08.01.2004 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juho L
Let's Che.

Sounds ok. Very nice. But there's one essential thing missing: Movin pannings. For example on that lead which starts at the 0:32 needs a drifting panorama. Would be much better that way. .

yeh, i was thinking of drifting the slight distortion on that lead in a panorama, and maybe having the raw sound panning seperately too...but it was starting to look like too much effort! im lazy

Quote:

Also add some short FM/sine bubble FX's with long tape delay to get that 70's sound.
its funny you mention that, coz i programmed a really nice FM sound on the nord recently that would have fit perfectly!

Quote:

Edit: Also I'd change the drums. A sampled acoustic drums. I'd replace that snare with a soft brush snare and add some hats/ride at the background. Maybe a loop of somekind would do fine.
na, i like the drums the way they are...i wanted an electro kinda feel...i think if i replaced the drums with a more accoustic sound it would turn into more of a vintage replica, than an electro track...also, i did actually add more hats and high end precussion at first, but i decided to go with minimal...

thanks for listening by the way!

DIGITAL SCREAMS 08.01.2004 07:52 AM

:lol: hehe HC thats a fun track hehehehehheeheh

DS

DIGITAL SCREAMS 08.01.2004 07:54 AM

Its funny...yes, its got a a kinda 60's lofi scifi kinda sound....but I somehow find the track very futuristic sounding. You are way ahead of our time HC lol

DS 8)

Juho L 08.01.2004 01:18 PM

The more I listen to this song the more I like it. I'll post a link to your song for some people I know who might like it also.

Hollowcell 08.01.2004 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Its funny...yes, its got a a kinda 60's lofi scifi kinda sound....but I somehow find the track very futuristic sounding. You are way ahead of our time HC lol

thanks for the kind-ish word there DS.. hehe! im really looking forward to hearing some of your tracks. :wink:

Quote:

The more I listen to this song the more I like it. I'll post a link to your song for some people I know who might like it also.
so what you are saying is, it slowly sinks in, much like a cold or the flu! hehe

Juho L 09.01.2004 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
so what you are saying is, it slowly sinks in, much like a cold or the flu! hehe

Yes. I've listened this track few times in a row. Very good. This has odd personal sound, very relaxing but still has nice groove in it.

Tomer=Trance 09.01.2004 05:14 AM

Quote:

Very good. This has odd personal sound, very relaxing but still has nice groove in it.

its so weird that its very cool
i realy like it also !

Hollowcell 09.01.2004 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
Quote:

Very good. This has odd personal sound, very relaxing but still has nice groove in it.

its so weird that its very cool
i realy like it also !

thanks tommer!