The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   TIOS 3.1.0.0 release is out (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=31455)

HUEY 24.08.2009 06:08 PM

TIOS 3.1.0.0 release is out

About TIOS 3.1.0.00 Release
--------------
-HI: When turning the "intensity" knob with "character" being selected in the FX section, the parameter value is shown correctly now.
-VC: VST3 plug-ins were not saving their state reliably

Cheers

absynth 24.08.2009 07:05 PM

don´t install it!

updated to 3.1.0.0 new public version

now when i open vc it tells me:

"a version mismatch has been detected, the version of virus control is not compatible with your host

you need to launch virus control center"

in virus controlcenter it shows me the right os 3.1.0.0

HUEY 24.08.2009 07:14 PM

Same here ;-(

Timo 24.08.2009 07:17 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I've just deleted the OS v3.1 news bulletin on the Infekted portal until it's sorted.

Did anyone try OS v3.0.5 (beta)?

About TIOS 3.0.5.00 Beta release (released 17th August 2009)

-VC: Apple Mainstage lists all automatable parameters
-VC: (Win) Protools crashes with Virus Control/Virus TI Snow (fixed)
-VC: LFO1>Osc1/Osc2 and LFO2>Cutoff1/2 were linked (fixed)
-VC: Virus Control Amp EG Decay value doesn't change Amp EG Release Value any longer
-VC: Resonance 1 and Resonance 2 can be edited independently now.
-SE: Another possible crash when changing patches (fixed)
-SE: Virus can crash when switching to Virus Control while input mode preset is selected (fixed)
-SE: A possible cause for "sneezing" (sudden reboots) found and fixed

absynth 24.08.2009 07:36 PM

just went back to 3.0.5 but still this problem with mismatch version??

boreg 24.08.2009 10:33 PM

Oops, just installed 3.1.0.0 and have the same problem. Should have read the forum first!:mad: And now I'm not sure I want to install 3.0.5

Where can I download the previous stable version (3.0.3 IIRC) ? Can't seem to find it on Access website.

TheHobbit 24.08.2009 11:21 PM

Aye thanks for the adavice and a heads up from Huey...

http://www.virus.info/forum/index.ph...d&threadID=109

THE MAIN ISSUE IS THAT WHATEVER IS DONE< EVEN ROLLING BACK TO OLDER DRIVERS THIS ISSUE WILL NOT GO AWAY>

IT HAS RENDERED THE VIRUS TOTALLY BLOODY USELESS>...

Access tell all to install this driver and im thinking great I've had issues for a week now with 3.0.5 this will solve it...

Laugh my feking pants of did it.

It does annoy me though.

One thought and the only thing I havent tried is there a way to totally reset the virus to how it came out of the box? A total reset?

I've gone through install after removal and install nothing and just hangs CUbase like Smauel L Jackson would say 'a muthaf#~43R

Timo this is a double post from me on the Access webby.

I think you need a front page header for other users.

I repeat this install has totally rendered my virus to a colourful paperweight.

Repeat - Rolling back is not working for my setup

No matter what I desintall, delete remove, registry clean, reset etc.

I am really Pissed on this one

Doc Jones 25.08.2009 12:08 AM

wow, thanks for the heads up guys.

fgimian 25.08.2009 02:51 AM

Holy crap! Huge thanks for the heads up guys, hope you can get your Viruses to work again. Please keep us posted. Be sure to completely delete all the Virus TI software from your PC too when rolling back.

The full folder: C:\Program Files\Access Music
The full folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Access Music

There might also be some registry entries that may need deletion.

When you roll back, does your Virus LCD confirm you are on the correct version?

Here's what I could find about resetting the Virus TI: http://faq.access-music.de/?action=a...006&id=3&lang=

And also this post: http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?p=284744

jdmmade 25.08.2009 03:09 AM

My TI 2 is coming on thursday, THANK GOD I read this. Fek..... Thanks Timo for getting rid of the front post, WHEW. I agree with the other, my friends is officially a colorful paper weight now, LOL.

fgimian 25.08.2009 05:22 AM

May I suggest that Access ALWAYS perform a rollback test before posting a beta version. We do that with our releases to major sites too, before going to production, we test rollback in a staging environment. Code would never be released to production if a rollback was not possible.

This is absolutely essential and must be performed for any release which is made publicy available, whether it be beta, alpha .etc

TheHobbit 25.08.2009 06:25 AM

Hi thanks for info wasnt worried about C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Access Music as only got bank details but again will try.

Done a 'exit cold reset' and still persists.

Not too sure how to get the rollback working Im FUNKED>

Soundplace you got the same issue with rollback?

fgimian 25.08.2009 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHobbit (Post 293011)
Hi thanks for info wasnt worried about C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Access Music as only got bank details but again will try.

Done a 'exit cold reset' and still persists.

Not too sure how to get the rollback working Im FUNKED>

Soundplace you got the same issue with rollback?

Hey bud, I'm lucky I didn't update yet, but I'll try to assist you guys if I can, I suspect it might be a software issue (instead of a firmware issue) which is preventing you from rolling back. I'm guessing the drivers have left something behind but I'm just not sure. It could very well be that the firmware is also corrupted or something, wish I could be more helpful :(

maleficium 25.08.2009 07:04 AM

So I quess everyone experiencing this problem are using Windows?

I too tasted the bitter fruits of funked install. After sorting it out a while (and among other things, factory reset which means I lost all my live patches neatly arranged in RAM D) I decided to try it on my Mac.

At least for me, Logic 8 and OSX worked like a charm with 3.1.0.0, so I quess this issue is with the Virus software installer of Vista/XP.

HUEY 25.08.2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maleficium (Post 293014)
So I quess everyone experiencing this problem are using Windows?

At least for me, Logic 8 and OSX worked like a charm with 3.1.0.0, so I quess this issue is with the Virus software installer of Vista/XP.

Yes, I'm in Windows XPsp3 :mad:
I do have faith is Access that they will and can solve this (although I'm a little bit paniced!!)

Cheers

maleficium 25.08.2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUEY (Post 293015)
Yes, I'm in Windows XPsp3

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm also using SP3.

I was a little panicked too when I realized it's not only me. I just did a fresh reinstall of XP on my studio PC and a had a mind set for a nice Ambient groove session. On the other hand I had good time to hone my theremin skills while waiting for replies from Access support and the forum people.

By the way, nothing helpful from access support yet. They're just double checking if I installed the vst .dll to the right location and such. I quess they're running around office, chain smoking and sweating, trying to figure what the hell went wrong :)

HUEY 25.08.2009 07:47 AM

When I'm finished working I will try to roll back to 3.0.5. There are many reports that this doesn't work and the problem persists.
There is 1 report on the access forum of succesfully rolling back to 3.0.5 so it can be done i guess

best r

absynth 25.08.2009 07:54 AM

please try the following:

start your vc controll center let it connect->which os is shown on your virus ti display (not vc controll)?? 3.04?

could this be the problem?

anyone tryed to go back to 3.04?

maleficium 25.08.2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUEY (Post 293018)
When I'm finished working I will try to roll back to 3.0.5. There are many reports that this doesn't work and the problem persists.
There is 1 report on the access forum of succesfully rolling back to 3.0.5 so it can be done i guess

best r

Yeah, I'm simulatneously reading the access forums too :) I just can't seem to log on there (which really doesn't bother me right now as much as the 3.1 thingie)

I remember reading about someone Exit-power up - forcing the 3.0.5 back in. How exactly is this done? Do I have to edit registry entries and such?

I think I'll go right away to the studio to try this out, if someone there is nice enough to give good instructions.

HUEY 25.08.2009 08:04 AM

Rolling back to a older OS:

*Do a good de-installation of drivers and software (via installed software in Windows)
*Force the Virus in update mode (holding down the exit button while powering up) and run the the older software installer (in this case 3.0.5)
*after completion, remove the power cable for 30 sec.
*start the Virus Ti up while holding down the ARP-edit button (this resets the virus and is always a good thing to do after a update)

This method always worked for me

Good luck

maleficium 25.08.2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUEY (Post 293021)
Rolling back to a older OS:

*Do a good de-installation of drivers and software (via installed software in Windows)
*Force the Virus in update mode (holding down the exit button while powering up) and run the the older software installer (in this case 3.0.5)
*after completion, remove the power cable for 30 sec.
*start the Virus Ti up while holding down the ARP-edit button (this resets the virus and is always a good thing to do after a update)

Okay thanks. I'll just have to fill myself up with caffeine and off I go. I'll keep you posted on what's happening with the force "downdating".

HUEY 25.08.2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maleficium (Post 293022)
Okay thanks. I'll just have to fill myself up with caffeine and off I go. I'll keep you posted on what's happening with the force "downdating".

Please keep me informed. When this works for you it will also works for many others and me :D

Many people just run the older installer over the new version and this will NOT work. Then you will also get a driver mismatch error etc.

again good luck!

absynth 25.08.2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Hi,

I can confirm that it was a wrong label in the installation.
Only 3.1.0.00 Window is affected.

I've updated the Windows-Installer, so, if you are experiencing that specific version mismatch please download the current version.

-timo

i hope it works now!

additive 25.08.2009 10:01 AM

I can confirm that the updated 3.1.0.0 works perfectly. No issue when installed in Windows 7 x86 with Cubase SX 3.0

maleficium 25.08.2009 10:52 AM

Works here on XP SP3, Cubase SX3. So I quess it's fixed then.

I tried to unistall the drivers and the problem persisted but when I selected "Repair" from the install menu, it started working.

I have to say, I've never seen a piece of hardware receive so much updates and additional features during its lifetime. Kudos to Access for supporting your babies! This 3.1 problem took, what, less than 12 hours to get fixed? So, to all you "paperweight people" out there, please have a little faith ;)

Cantankerous 25.08.2009 11:22 AM

Same issue as with 3.05 with VC crashing when moved to a secondary display.

http://www.access-music.de/forum/ind...D=109&84fe21e3

WAS CAUSED BY A VIDEO CARD DRIVER INCOMPATIBILITY. ROLLING BACK TO OLDER DRIVERS SOLVED THE ISSUE.

Mr Ben 25.08.2009 11:33 AM

I'm happy to say that 3.1 works fine here.:grin:

Everything seems to be in sync now.

I'm on intel Imac OS 10.5.7 and Logic 8.0.2

TheHobbit 25.08.2009 05:26 PM

Finally the 3.1.0 update has been updated on Accesses webpage and although shows original older post date is new.

It works - sigh of relief....

Had to install as a repair and had unit in update mode.

Took a while and cubase did hang but it is working :)
Thanks access for the sleepless night last night ... grrr

Need a new paperweight now - got used to it!

HUEY 25.08.2009 09:49 PM

3.1.0.0. "new version" works perfect here on WinXPsp3 and SX3
Yeeahh!!!:D

Cheers

TheHobbit 25.08.2009 10:30 PM

The only issue I have is loading up an older project using virus on 3.0.4 bah

Other than that it all works (getting some lag on gui/patch select)

Blissphoria 25.08.2009 11:05 PM

Fewww fininally, after much messing about with several OS installs and messy version installs, got the Access Virus Ti cracking again without a single crash so far! the solution go back to XP 32Bit :p .
Anyone who has a collection of the CM plugin's the one's that come free with those magazines get rid of them off your sequencer unless you want to have a buggy Ti VST, we found there was a clash with a few of those plugins alongside the Ti VST.

The Machine 29.08.2009 08:12 AM

glad to see it is finaly workin,

and i would like to ask a question, will my projects used 3.0.3 OS drivers will work after update to latest 3.1.0 ? :)

Natspace 29.08.2009 04:56 PM

The distortion Fx doesn't work on VC when you select a preset and applied on it. It work only in hardware mode.

I have a friend who have the same problem on his Polar TI1

I find the "Startin up" of VC is more long than in 3.0.3.00

Cantankerous 30.08.2009 12:42 AM

I will check out the distortion thing, but have noticed that start up is a bit slower yes.

Natspace 30.08.2009 01:44 PM

All is oki for me en Cubase SX3

But on Energy XT with VC

FX1: Distortion don't work
Equalizer: don't work
Phazer: don't work

Time to load the VC is slow

All is oki on Energy XT on the TIOS 3.03

P1-2k 31.08.2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous (Post 293027)
Same issue as with 3.05 with VC crashing when moved to a secondary display.

http://www.access-music.de/forum/ind...D=109&84fe21e3

WAS CAUSED BY A VIDEO CARD DRIVER INCOMPATIBILITY. ROLLING BACK TO OLDER DRIVERS SOLVED THE ISSUE.

does it actually crash or do you experience glitches too? I got 2 displays with a geforce 7600. If I use a dropdown in de VC some of the items from the dropdown remain visible. After that the VC acts weird and stops functioning. Very annoying. Never had that with previous OS.:?

shaneynclan 31.08.2009 04:27 PM

i haven't experienced any of the death crashes since the update (knock on wood), but i have noticed the actual startup, while being slower (which isn't a huge issue in my mind if it was traded for stability), is much more finicky. What i mean by this is, it won't start correctly if i have certain apps open that i used to have open in the previous version with no issue. (my media player comes to mind, no it is not running on asio, so that's not the problem, and for some reason having my soundcard mixer app open causes it to not boot as well.)
otherwise though, it's running well, though I am having some issues with the lfo's holding their attributes (when i use the hardware knobs, even after i've switched to non-clocked, and i use the hardware rate knob, it automatically jumps back to clocked)
can anyone confirm any of these issues, or am i just beyond insane.

Natspace 02.09.2009 09:21 AM

3.1.0.0 Tested during one week, I repeat this release had some bugs.

I downgrade to the 3.03 and now all is ok for me on many host sequencers

Note: I don't know why but I can't fine the old stable release as 2.75 and 3.03 on the Acces Website

Fortunately I have backups of them on a USB key and CD

Guzzy 02.09.2009 07:47 PM

v31000 and v30500 don't work on mine :-(
Windows XP, Virus hangs on OS UPDATE IN PROGRESS

OK now, rescued my TI by installing the 3.1.0.00 for MacOS X

nidefawl 03.09.2009 03:33 PM

3.100 Cubase5 + XP SP3 runs smoothly for me, finally a good release.
Anyway, i still don't receive any arp-notes from the Snow in Cubase