The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   The forum members' music (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   PHYTOTOMY (minimal) VIRUS + MACHINEDRUM + JP8080 + KAOSSPAD (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=31599)

kostistlac 07.10.2009 07:49 PM

PHYTOTOMY (minimal) VIRUS + MACHINEDRUM + JP8080 + KAOSSPAD

... watch my latest liveact (track PHYTOTOMY). Virus is controled by MACHINEDRUM (dark piano chords).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5hDqGblIhM

gjvti 08.10.2009 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostistlac (Post 293654)
... watch my latest liveact (track PHYTOTOMY). Virus is controled by MACHINEDRUM (dark piano chords).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5hDqGblIhM

Nice and pleasant minimal. Thanks:) I also thought of machinedrum or monomachine to control virus, but limited amount of available pattern slots for these devices made me prudent. So I stick to ableton for the time being.

TheHobbit 08.10.2009 05:57 PM

Nice simple effort - the Mrs's likes it so must be ok ;)

kostistlac 10.10.2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjvti (Post 293661)
Nice and pleasant minimal. Thanks:) I also thought of machinedrum or monomachine to control virus, but limited amount of available pattern slots for these devices made me prudent. So I stick to ableton for the time being.

... i´m proud, that i don´t need ableton anymore, ... after 7 years of pure software condom music. Don´t look at amount of patterns go for it if you like their sound ... don´t waste time.

Do you have some music on the internet? ... link please!

kostistlac 10.10.2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHobbit (Post 293670)

... thanx.

Nobl1v1on 12.10.2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostistlac (Post 293706)
... thanx.

I found it moody and simple, both compliments to be sure. I am also trying to just let go of software as my control for everything and appreciate the success of your effort to that end. Cheers keep it up.

gjvti 12.10.2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostistlac (Post 293705)
... i´m proud, that i don´t need ableton anymore, ... after 7 years of pure software condom music. Don´t look at amount of patterns go for it if you like their sound ... don´t waste time.

Do you have some music on the internet? ... link please!

hm, well actually I don't have much finished work. I usually have one or two days a month, which I can devote to music, so nearly a month without ability to play keyboard and I'm so hungry that I have no patience to finish older ideas, before new ones arrive:) Two links I can post here are: latvian electronic music forum party (compressed to ~20min - contains also me improvising on virus) and this one containing playlist of some of my older tracks

kostistlac 16.10.2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHobbit (Post 293670)

... just looking on your setup!!! Waaaah, do you have your music online? I would like to hear it?

TheHobbit 16.10.2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

kostistlac vbmenu_register("postmenu_293832", true);
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHobbit
Nice simple effort - the Mrs's likes it so must be ok :wink:

... just looking on your setup!!! Waaaah, do you have your music online? I would like to hear it?

Nope not yet...to be honest I'm a kit whore and like I state in my profile - I love jigging around with the technology and built it all up over the last 10+years.

Starting to get closer to finishing tracks - but I am one of those people who is never satisfied when done or 80% finished.

Got quite a few done but I wouldn't be happy or confident to post - for my own pleasure. Like an artist who paints and doesn't exhibit - I just do it cause I enjoy it and it's a hobby, expensive and compulsive, but none the less a hobby ;)

Cheaper than drinking, drugs, gambling, etc...

But if you're interested I may succum - to be honest never figured out how to build a website and exhibit ;';)

kostistlac 22.10.2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHobbit (Post 293834)
Nope not yet...to be honest I'm a kit whore and like I state in my profile - I love jigging around with the technology and built it all up over the last 10+years.

Starting to get closer to finishing tracks - but I am one of those people who is never satisfied when done or 80% finished.

Got quite a few done but I wouldn't be happy or confident to post - for my own pleasure. Like an artist who paints and doesn't exhibit - I just do it cause I enjoy it and it's a hobby, expensive and compulsive, but none the less a hobby ;)

Cheaper than drinking, drugs, gambling, etc...

But if you're interested I may succum - to be honest never figured out how to build a website and exhibit ;';)

... what kind of music you are producing? Minimal? Techno? Acid? Trance? or J.M.Jarre-ish ezoteric landscapes?