The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   The forum members' music (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Live session (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25023)

Blank 08.01.2005 04:06 PM

Live session

Heres a live session I did yesterday...its a bit long but yes its a live session so usually those are longer! let me know what you think! a bit different then what i usually do!

ftp://virus@djblank.serveftp.com/pure_gold.mp3

peace
Blank

3o3 08.01.2005 04:09 PM

For some reason this tune work very well with your avatar.

I'll comment on the track later thou

Blank 08.01.2005 04:10 PM

beautiful!!!

peace
Blank

Tomer=Trance 08.01.2005 04:31 PM

yo blank this is excelent!
would you consider collaberating on some progressive trance ?

btw what do you mean by live session?

Blank 08.01.2005 04:33 PM

meaning besides some samples it was all made live on the spot!!
colaborating huh? I would consider it...as of right now i have a few ppl that want to but if you know of a way we can do it and have some ideas PM me...Im up to it...it might not be right now but i can probably do it in a week...

peace
Blank

Juho L 08.01.2005 05:15 PM

Np. Pure Gold...

Strange crackling... Probably intented for vinyl-like feel. Sounds nicely relaxing. I like this. Not a type of music to listen to due really slow progression, but works as background music.

This uplifting atmosphere is great and I really enjoy the guitar parts. Always a joy to hear these mixup songs ("real" instruments & synths). A bassist wouldn't hurt here. Fretless bass would be excellent on this one.

Now it's over. Really nice.

Blank 08.01.2005 05:20 PM

yeah its meant to be a relaxing song...you read my mind about the bass...i couldnt tune my guitar that low...so maybe when i have access to a bass ill slip one in...also it is meant to have a slow progression too...i didnt want extremes up and down just wanted it to flow!! Thanx Juho!

peace
Blank

Juho L 08.01.2005 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blank
so maybe when i have access to a bass ill slip one in...

Yup. I'm not sure how would finger bass fit there... Probably heavily lowpasse dit would work. It really needs a fretless.

Quote:

also it is meant to have a slow progression too...i didnt want extremes up and down just wanted it to flow!!
This is very nice background music, so the slow progression is preferrable on that kind of music. Works really well! Faster progression really could "disturb" the listener and this track would be hanging somewhere between background and "normal" music.

Quote:

Thanx Juho!
You're welcome.

jasedee 09.01.2005 11:30 AM

This kicks ass!!

Im curious how this all came together.....what equipment u used etc... Is it just you? What exactly is live?

I really enjoyed this, keep up the good work

:)

Blank 09.01.2005 02:18 PM

This is only me! The guitar lead, some synthlines, except for the synthlines that are constant...are all live...well it all came about from a woman! how pathetic huh! Plus i have been wanting to incorporate guitar for years in my electronic music but didnt really have to setup for it! pretty much i would record a part get it to loop and throw it in one at a time...I had a few samples that were premade and were the foundation but there was no manual placement in the arrangement....just hit record and let the loops fly! Thats why its long! But loops are made by me!
I used virus C, Nova, my Ibanez!

peace
Blank