The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Off topic (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Currently consuming mince pies ... (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=30248)

Timo 20.12.2008 09:53 PM

Currently consuming mince pies ...

... and cheap champagne (lucky it doesn't taste so bad!).

Going to my brother and sis-in-law's for Xmas dinner this year. They have a little kid, she's nearly two, so they were torn as to which family to go to...

I bet such issues cause so many arguments all over the place! Can't be easy.

... so they're playing host this year! We only have small families, so there'll be 12 of us in total. Should be fun.

What are you all up to at Xmas? Bought all your presents yet? Am usually a last minute johnny with regards to buying presents, fuck knows what to get people, but damn I'm pretty sorted this year for once!

Ho ho ho ho hO ho Ho ohhohoho ho. Merry Xmas!

suzzymackenzie 21.12.2008 05:48 AM

I'm single now, so I will be spending maybe three days with my parents and my sister and her family in Yorkshire. Three days and I more or less max out on Dad's doom-and-gloom outlook. There'll be too much to eat, and the telly will be on too loud (Dad's hearing not so good). I will have two escape devices with me: (a) my acoustic guitar and (b) my lovely Gazelle 'Chamonix' Dutch bicycle.

Dad called the other day and asked if I had got a synthesizer yet, because he 'had a bit more cash than expected' and was wondering about getting me one for Xmas. I said I'd got one :cool: . How much was it, he inquired? Dad, I said, let's not go there. What, more than £500? inquired he. Dad... ventured I. Was it more than £1000?... Grrrr! ANyway, why are synths so expensive - after all, it's just a bunch of wires and electrical bits and bobs in a tin box, right?

The Virus will stay behind for Christmas, recovering from the initial onslaught of me, so that its little oscillators and LEDs are nice and fresh for my return from the holidays!

logo80 21.12.2008 08:42 AM

I still waiting to know... I think that I'll eat at home for dinner and than I'll go to my girlfriend's home... I doubt I'll receive any synth under the tree because I bought a new one a few weeks ago (a good deal!) I'll try to put in in the package and set it under the tree... but it's a kurzweil pc3x and I think that actually it's bigger than our tree this year d'oh!

IamEvil 21.12.2008 03:07 PM

Well I'm working Xmas eve , Xmas day and new years eve

this year won't be much fun

Shambler 21.12.2008 04:52 PM

I bought myself and my girlfriend a nice little portable synth, the Novation Xio-25.

I may disappear into my own world while over her parents for XMas, nice! ;)

I'm working till 6am XMas eve, I feel your pain IAmEvil!

Merlot 23.12.2008 12:12 AM

Trying to get out of NYC, but no luck this morning—ice every where. Will try again tomorrow. Going to see wifey's fam.