The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Expected TI shipping (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24935)

Nigel Harkness 13.12.2004 07:26 PM

Expected TI shipping

Just talked to the sales rep. where I ordered my TI desktop. They are expecting the first batch to get in on 1/7/05 unless Virus pushes the date back.

Smag 13.12.2004 07:53 PM

The first batch are due into London (Turnkey) on Dec 21st, just in time for me to demo the Hypersaw in front of my grandparents on Christmas Day.

Merlot 13.12.2004 11:24 PM

just got off the phone with zzounds.com and they are still saying the first shipment is due on the 17th of Dec and the second one is due on the 30th. Also novamusik.com said access is telling them they will have it on the 21st of Dec.
Maybe access is not saying anything b/c they want to treat it as a christmas present type of deal. Who knows. JUST GIVE US A F^&*IN DATE!!!!

blay 14.12.2004 01:22 AM

:lol:

..the desperation :wink:

I really hope everyone has the perfect xmas....

Merlot 14.12.2004 03:32 AM

The desperation would be OK if I had something else to use. I have logic pro 7 underneath my tree wrapped, and waiting on the TI. Thie thing is I paid for em both, but cant use either one. Can you understand the desperation now? :x :x :x :x

Merlot 14.12.2004 03:35 AM

I take that back, i didn't pay for LP7, my wife did. :D

blay 14.12.2004 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlot
Can you understand the desperation now? :x :x :x :x

i sold shares which have gone up nearly a dollar each since to buy the ti.
i have preordered, and was prepared to make payment in full to guarantee my self a unit in the first shipment, but only a $200 deposit was necessary...
ever since i have been hounding people all over the world for more info.

...yeah i understand your desperation :wink:

Hollowcell 14.12.2004 07:01 AM

Hehehe, this is a classic! Takes me back to the days when I was waiting months for my C to arrive.

jasedee 14.12.2004 10:37 AM

Mate.....I cruised into the store, picked up the RackXL under my arm and walked the fuck out :)

But.....It was such a f*ckin headache to get my G5.....soundcard incompatabilities, software updates etc...

I feel you pain!

(But still......sucked in!!!!! )

blay 14.12.2004 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasedee
(But still......sucked in!!!!! )

:lol:
he who laughs last laughs loudest....
you can keep yo giddy ass giggling all the way till mid january jasedee - until I send you a pic of my new ti keyboard sitting in my studio :twisted:
besides i have a kb to keep me occupied in the meantime, while i think up twisted applications for 9 sawtooths in parallel :wink:

MADSTATION 14.12.2004 02:33 PM

For some reason...The TI POLAR sounds SO surreal(even if I preordered from Novamusik), I can't even imagine what my reaction would be if I get it within a month or so!

When I think about it, I kinda see it in a more distant future...
I'd rather have it in 6 weeks and be really impressed than have it next week and find out they rushed the release!

mcoyote 14.12.2004 04:21 PM

Quote:

...I'd rather have it in 6 weeks and be really impressed than have it next week and find out they rushed the release!
The harsh truth is that in these first couple of batches, it won't matter -- you will be seing beta software. The good news is updating the OS over USB will be faster than MIDI. Just hope they don't get any of the loader- type firmware wrong, or we early adopters will be in a world of hurt.

i3 14.12.2004 07:33 PM

TI shipment

Hey everyone

ya im still waiting too. Since I sold my indigo I have this space on my desk I need to fill. NovaMusic told me the 2nd and 3rd week of Dec and thats not including the boat over to santa monica where the distributor is. Then to WI where nova is then back california where I am...shheeesh...Ti has traveled more than I have and it hasnt even been sent..haha...and who knows how long customs will take due to xmas and tighter inspections (you may find OSAMA hiding in your TI box...hehe)...For the first shipment im worried more for the hardware then the software issues. In some of the responses in the access list that the first release is basic and there is more to come. I worked with buggy softs or OS's before and they will always gets fixed but to buy faulty hardware is another thing. my first virus (first series indigo 2 and first shippment) had motherboard issues and sat in the box for a year disgruntled. So hopefully my 2nd run with the virus will a good one. :)

MADSTATION 14.12.2004 08:16 PM

" In some of the responses in the access list that the first release is basic and there is more to come."

Serious?

If it's the case I might look into cancelling my preorder and wait a few months.

i3 14.12.2004 08:28 PM

Initial release

usually inititial releases are bone dry. You didnt get the moog filter til 6.5 in the c series. Im sure access has it under control and there should be no worries.

MADSTATION 14.12.2004 09:35 PM

i3: Yeah so you're talking about the OS updates...
I used to have a KC and I bought it for its initial set of features. I was very happy when they announced some additional features such as the moog filter...

I thought you meant that they were planning to release an updated TI in a few months lol(they probably will anyway... I still don't understand why the TI isnt firewire!)

sorry about that ;)

mcoyote 14.12.2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADSTATION
...If it's the case I might look into cancelling my preorder and wait a few months.

FWIW, novamusic and bananas are still pre-selling them for $1,600, which will probably be below the price once the TI is actually out. Other vendors such as samedaymusic and audiomidi have gone up to $1,900.

wildbill 15.12.2004 12:51 AM

i pre-ordered once and found out it's not the way for me to go - i can't stand the suspense. :x

i like to pay for what i want and walk out the door with it.
if that means waiting a little more or maybe even paying a little more, it's worth it to me. :wink:

i don't think nova will raise the price after they come out tho.

i3 15.12.2004 12:57 AM

shipping

not to get anybodys hopes up but my buddy works for guitar center and and to find out they are a authorized dealer :) . he said that san fransisco and seattle is already expecting a shipment any day. :) I think im gonna cancel my pre order with nova and get locally. hopefully this is true.

Merlot 15.12.2004 04:23 AM

Re: shipping

Quote:

Originally Posted by i3
not to get anybodys hopes up but my buddy works for guitar center and and to find out they are a authorized dealer :) . he said that san fransisco and seattle is already expecting a shipment any day. :) I think im gonna cancel my pre order with nova and get locally. hopefully this is true.

Man,
I hope you are right. I have mine pre ordered through Guitar center here in tacoma WA, about 30 miles osuth of Seattle. But if not, life goes on.

mcoyote 15.12.2004 05:18 PM

(...Psst...US buyers...I moved my order for a desktop to novamusik last night because they swore I would be in the first shipment, and that should at least by then end of the year -- 2004, that is. If yer desperate, you might call them...still $1,600...)

blay 16.12.2004 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i3
he said that san fransisco and seattle is already expecting a shipment any day. :)

pfft.... :roll:
'anyday' between now - and then end of say, jan next year :wink:

The following quotes are from Mike Carrol, who works for the international sales dep at access... (perhaps his word might be a litle closer to the truth)

Quote:

All I can say is that we are
expecting to deliver during December and, given the massive back-order,
priority will be chronological. Thanks and best regards - Mike Carroll
Quote:

Sorry, Pete, but if I can't give the local Distributor an ETA, how can I
possibly give you one? Thanks for your patience - Mike
so I wonder where your friends got their info from?

i3 16.12.2004 05:56 AM

shipping

Thats why I put "not to get anybodys hopes up " and "hopefully this is true" in the reply :wink: but it was logged in the pc as shipping which is a little vague and could imply anything I guess. I think I would take mikes info to be more legit.

Merlot 16.12.2004 06:16 AM

Guitar Center shipping is not true. I checked my order today and the expected arrival date is Feb.2005 I am suppossed to call back tommorrow and find out for sure if this is accurate. Wll let ya know.

blay 16.12.2004 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlot
Guitar Center shipping is not true. I checked my order today and the expected arrival date is Feb.2005

I really dont know why you bother checking with suppliers/distribs as the email mike sent me was on 13th dec, and surely his word is better than anyones at the current time.
As he said - he cannot and has not been able to provide local distributors of an ETA, so how are the distribs/suppliers even coming up with any of these dates?
IMHO most of these dates (esp the impossibly early ones) have been listed by suppliers to boost preorder sales. I suggest you be wary of this.

Im sure access will have an update for us at least by xmas, so I suggest waiting to hear it from the horses mouth.

My keyboard is apparently going to arrive the day that it gets here :wink:

Wandering Kid 16.12.2004 06:53 AM

suppliers often get ahead of themselves. the more advertising they throw around, the more they embelish the fact that the TI. is COMING. to a town near youuuuuu!!! the more preorders they can fulfill. also, if one sales vendour advertises that they have TI's in stock or have access to them, customers are more likely to purchase from whichever vendour starts selling first. so everyone else, jumps on the bandwagon to stop that other sales site from taking a chunk out of its initial sales target. the wonderful world of marketing. ultimately as you say - access's word on this is final so id go with that.

i3 16.12.2004 08:08 AM

shipping

Nova just changed to january http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx...rer&keyword=20

jasedee 16.12.2004 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novamusik
Latest word from ACCESS has the TI's shipping from Germany in January..

HA! This means probably rest of world (other than countries close to Germany) will get their Ti's realistically by FEB 2005 the earliest....

Maybe we should start posting votes, and making some bets....

Even if we chip in $1 each, we could have the pot up to $2-300

Thats a fair chunk from a Ti

Nigel Harkness 16.12.2004 01:03 PM

I'm going to sleep...............wake me up when my TI comes. Can't they at least put up a manual on their website so that I can read up on my new toy?

I understand that "good things come to those who wait" but man oh man.

inasense 16.12.2004 03:14 PM

When I ordered my Polar TI from Sam Ash it was going to come in the second shipment because the first was sold out. I guess I am looking at " when it get here it gets here" shipping date. AHhhhhhh!

blay 16.12.2004 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Harkness
Can't they at least put up a manual on their website so that I can read up on my new toy?

bit hard to write a manual if the hardware/software isnt finalised first :wink:

I had contact with Howard Scarr (who is writing the manual) and he said it would take around a fortnight for him to write the manual after the configuration is finalised...

Merlot 16.12.2004 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blay
I had contact with Howard Scarr (who is writing the manual) and he said it would take around a fortnight for him to write the manual after the configuration is finalised...

Hopefully it ships with an updated manual, but please dont let that delay shipping. I would rather them ship it w/o updated manual, than delay shipping due to manual being written and printed. We can always download an updated manual.

mcoyote 16.12.2004 04:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Can't they at least put up a manual on their website so that I can read up on my new toy?

bit hard to write a manual if the hardware/software isnt finalised first :wink:

Oh yeah, we are access' bitches.

i3 16.12.2004 06:28 PM

shipping

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcoyote
Oh yeah, we are access' bitches.

ya I can see access behind doors snickering at us :lol:
The production line must be going mad crazy by now due to the backorders. My guess would be that they wanna meet quota or they are working out know issues with the software..oh well my excitement just died a little and its back to when it gets here it gets here.......

Nigel Harkness 16.12.2004 06:58 PM

Quote:

it would take around a fortnight

fortnight?

mcoyote 16.12.2004 07:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

it would take around a fortnight

fortnight?

Yeah, he's from a commonwealth country. They don't speak good there. Nor right nice neither.

Means a coupla weeks.

i3 17.12.2004 01:27 AM

shipping

Its official... virus TI is now payed in full! it came out to $1595 + tax which it came out to be $1726.61 US at Guitar Center. Guaranteed first shipment. Since its a special order Guitar Center flags the product 3 different ways (Pre order, paid for and stocked at distributor) and thier system came up paid for which means they already have bought the units from access. Guitar Center allocates a certain amount of funds for special orders which then the units are bought from access. so now its just a waiting game. :)

tranzash 17.12.2004 01:57 AM

Make some mp3 when you get it :wink:

blay 17.12.2004 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcoyote
Yeah, he's from a commonwealth country. They don't speak good there. Nor right nice neither.

y'all drawl.

14 days.

would you expect anything more from the decendents of a bunch of criminals?

ten 17.12.2004 12:06 PM

From Digital Village UK ...

'Hi Tom,

last news we heard was that the ETA has slipped over to January :(

Chris - digital village'

arse interior :cry:

ten