The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Expected TI shipping (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24935)

MADSTATION 14.12.2004 02:33 PM

For some reason...The TI POLAR sounds SO surreal(even if I preordered from Novamusik), I can't even imagine what my reaction would be if I get it within a month or so!

When I think about it, I kinda see it in a more distant future...
I'd rather have it in 6 weeks and be really impressed than have it next week and find out they rushed the release!

mcoyote 14.12.2004 04:21 PM

Quote:

...I'd rather have it in 6 weeks and be really impressed than have it next week and find out they rushed the release!
The harsh truth is that in these first couple of batches, it won't matter -- you will be seing beta software. The good news is updating the OS over USB will be faster than MIDI. Just hope they don't get any of the loader- type firmware wrong, or we early adopters will be in a world of hurt.

i3 14.12.2004 07:33 PM

TI shipment

Hey everyone

ya im still waiting too. Since I sold my indigo I have this space on my desk I need to fill. NovaMusic told me the 2nd and 3rd week of Dec and thats not including the boat over to santa monica where the distributor is. Then to WI where nova is then back california where I am...shheeesh...Ti has traveled more than I have and it hasnt even been sent..haha...and who knows how long customs will take due to xmas and tighter inspections (you may find OSAMA hiding in your TI box...hehe)...For the first shipment im worried more for the hardware then the software issues. In some of the responses in the access list that the first release is basic and there is more to come. I worked with buggy softs or OS's before and they will always gets fixed but to buy faulty hardware is another thing. my first virus (first series indigo 2 and first shippment) had motherboard issues and sat in the box for a year disgruntled. So hopefully my 2nd run with the virus will a good one. :)

MADSTATION 14.12.2004 08:16 PM

" In some of the responses in the access list that the first release is basic and there is more to come."

Serious?

If it's the case I might look into cancelling my preorder and wait a few months.

i3 14.12.2004 08:28 PM

Initial release

usually inititial releases are bone dry. You didnt get the moog filter til 6.5 in the c series. Im sure access has it under control and there should be no worries.

MADSTATION 14.12.2004 09:35 PM

i3: Yeah so you're talking about the OS updates...
I used to have a KC and I bought it for its initial set of features. I was very happy when they announced some additional features such as the moog filter...

I thought you meant that they were planning to release an updated TI in a few months lol(they probably will anyway... I still don't understand why the TI isnt firewire!)

sorry about that ;)

mcoyote 14.12.2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADSTATION
...If it's the case I might look into cancelling my preorder and wait a few months.

FWIW, novamusic and bananas are still pre-selling them for $1,600, which will probably be below the price once the TI is actually out. Other vendors such as samedaymusic and audiomidi have gone up to $1,900.

wildbill 15.12.2004 12:51 AM

i pre-ordered once and found out it's not the way for me to go - i can't stand the suspense. :x

i like to pay for what i want and walk out the door with it.
if that means waiting a little more or maybe even paying a little more, it's worth it to me. :wink:

i don't think nova will raise the price after they come out tho.

i3 15.12.2004 12:57 AM

shipping

not to get anybodys hopes up but my buddy works for guitar center and and to find out they are a authorized dealer :) . he said that san fransisco and seattle is already expecting a shipment any day. :) I think im gonna cancel my pre order with nova and get locally. hopefully this is true.

Merlot 15.12.2004 04:23 AM

Re: shipping

Quote:

Originally Posted by i3
not to get anybodys hopes up but my buddy works for guitar center and and to find out they are a authorized dealer :) . he said that san fransisco and seattle is already expecting a shipment any day. :) I think im gonna cancel my pre order with nova and get locally. hopefully this is true.

Man,
I hope you are right. I have mine pre ordered through Guitar center here in tacoma WA, about 30 miles osuth of Seattle. But if not, life goes on.