The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Buy and sell (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Virus KC (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25382)

Merlot 18.04.2005 08:26 PM

Virus KC

Here she is

Selling it to get a new guitar, since I now have a polar on pre-order. :wink:

AlexHall74 18.04.2005 08:41 PM

You just got her! 8O

Why the sale?

Are you disatisfied in some way?

Are you sticking to your earlier decision of soft synths only?

Is the polar a desktop or with keys?

Merlot 18.04.2005 08:47 PM

Come to the realization I suck at keys. i do all the sequencing in logic anyways. I love the sound, hence that is why i am replacing with the TI. The polar will still allow me to muck around with the keys. I have also sampled the shit out of my KC to hold me over until the TI gets here. Going to get the iguitar by brian moore guitars. This way I can sequence the TI from my guitar. <-- pure fuckin heaven since I am shite on keys. :lol:

AlexHall74 18.04.2005 08:55 PM

Quote:

Going to get the iguitar by brian moore guitars. This way I can sequence the TI from my guitar. <-- pure fuckin heaven since I am shite on keys.
I hear you Bro!

I am shite on keys too!

But I still love to fantasize that someday I'll be at least OK.

Does the guitar you mentioned have MIDI pick ups?

I've always wanted to mess around with such an axe/synth combo...

Merlot 18.04.2005 08:59 PM

yeah it does. www.iguitar.com

You have to buy the roland GI-20 also. Another one of my reason is going overseas in Sept. I can take my powerbook and the KC. But I can sure take my powerbook and polar. Trying to get the best price I can while it is still somewhat worth it. Ebay will be flooded with C models once the TI is actually released I reckon. :lol:

For the iguitar, check this video

AlexHall74 18.04.2005 09:16 PM

Thanks for the link! 8)

Very interesting...

Could one be a cheapo and just buy a MIDI pickup and install it into an exisiting electric for a similar ability?

I did not intend on dropping $1700 or more on a guitar this year but hey... :wink:

Merlot 18.04.2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexHall74
Thanks for the link! 8)

Very interesting...

Could one be a cheapo and just buy a MIDI pickup and install it into an exisiting electric for a similar ability?

I did not intend on dropping $1700 or more on a guitar this year but hey... :wink:

They have different priced models with different pickups. search zzounds for them. they carry them. You can install a roland midi pickup, but it wont be as fast or accurate due to the iguitars placement in the pieze pickup. All the reviews I have read at harmony central said this thing tracking of midi is fast and accurate. We'll see. i will let ou know, hopefully. SOmeone Buy it now damnit!!!!! :x

Timo 18.04.2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlot
For the iguitar, check this video

That is f'in amazing!! I gotta look more into that.... Expensive though!

I always thought the other, more 'standard' midi guitars were less than reliable if you played more than one string at a time, for example.

I love the chi-ka chi-ka effects you can do on guitars (ie. on the down- then up-stroke) and rapid palm-mutes etc., as well as ultra-quick and subtle pitch bends and tremelo effects in realtime, which are all fairly impossible to do on keys. Would be awesome to translate all that into midi data to drive your synths.

jasedee 19.04.2005 07:54 AM

A friend of mine has one.....they are very cool, although the stock sounds from the Roland GR thingy are pretty average

Hollowcell 19.04.2005 12:16 PM

At least you are getting to try out a heap of gear there Merlot!

Let's hope you have it sorted this time then hey.