The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Trouble with your Access Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   AfterTouch (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=33563)

DJKeys 21.04.2013 11:37 PM

AfterTouch

I found the answer.

-dj

The global pressure amount is set to 0% by default, which does nothing. It is described as the nominal setting in the manual. It must have a positive value to have effect.

namnibor 23.04.2013 02:21 AM

I find After Touch to be the most valuable expressive modulation routing, freeing one's feet to have any other(s) midi cc assigned to an expression pedal. The newer Moog EP-2 expression pedal has a special potentiometer that allows one to set and/or limit the range of assigned parameters.
Assigning Breath Control midi cc to After Touch or filter freq or resonance, saturation, really allows some intense sound sculpting!
The Virus KB and KC and DSI MEK and waldorf Blofeld Keyboard all share the exact same superb Fatar Keybed that happens to have most playable After Touch as far as expressiveness.
Rant over (did I mention I really love after touch?):rolleyes:

DJKeys 23.04.2013 02:53 AM

Thanks for your comments, I agree. I now can assign Channel Pressure to vibrato with the hardware, but not using the software.

Not a big deal, but not quite sure why this would happen.

Thanks,

-dj

namnibor 23.04.2013 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJKeys (Post 302973)
Thanks for your comments, I agree. I now can assign Channel Pressure to vibrato with the hardware, but not using the software.

Not a big deal, but not quite sure why this would happen.

Thanks,

-dj

I know nothing about the Ti Series and Virus Control but that seems like something that *should* be a Global parameter and would confound me as to why the divide in something that touts "Total Integration"???:confused: So are you saying you cannot per program assign different modifiers to after touch in the software in which the Keyboard KEYS ultimately are going to be used?

So, if you assign vibrato to after touch, does that become Global for ANY /ALL Programs rather than individual/different assignments?

DJKeys 23.04.2013 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namnibor (Post 302975)
I know nothing about the Ti Series and Virus Control but that seems like something that *should* be a Global parameter and would confound me as to why the divide in something that touts "Total Integration"???:confused: So are you saying you cannot per program assign different modifiers to after touch in the software in which the Keyboard KEYS ultimately are going to be used?

So, if you assign vibrato to after touch, does that become Global for ANY /ALL Programs rather than individual/different assignments?

It works fine with the hardware, software can assign everything so far except channel pressure-

-dj