The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Trouble with your Access Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Virus classic trouble (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25736)

Vodka 22.08.2005 12:19 PM

Virus classic trouble

Hi I have recently bought myself a virus classic ants its great but when i use it for say pads or lead lines. when i play more than say 4 keys it starts to struggle and the release time on some keys goes.

Is this because the classic is not powerful enough or have i got a setting wrong?

P.S I use it with cubase sx 3 if that helps.

Tomer=Trance 22.08.2005 01:06 PM

well you might max out voices if you use a big amount of unison voices.
if its not that you should contact access.

Onkel Dunkel 22.08.2005 02:50 PM

Go to the global menu and set led mode for "steal". Now the LFO-leds will flash rapidly if a voice is cut off because the polyphony has reached its max. If this happens you should turn down (or turn off) unison. That should do it. If you have several parts going on you could also record some of them to audio to free up voices.

pDc 23.08.2005 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Dunkel
Go to the global menu and set led mode for "steal". Now the LFO-leds will flash rapidly if a voice is cut off because the polyphony has reached its max. If this happens you should turn down (or turn off) unison. That should do it. If you have several parts going on you could also record some of them to audio to free up voices.

Very nice... is this feature available on the Virus B? I can't see it anywhere.

Onkel Dunkel 23.08.2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pDc
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Dunkel

Very nice... is this feature available on the Virus B? I can't see it anywhere.

Hmmm, that i don?t know :roll: If you can?t find it in the manuel it might be in an OS-update (do you have the latest OS?) and there should be some adendum on Access?s website. Or maybe this feature isn?t in the "B" :?

Edit: Actually i don?t even know if this feature is on the classic :roll:

pDc 23.08.2005 01:52 PM

Yes I have the latest OS.

Never mind... it's not hard to hear when you have run out of voices.
I guess I just wanted more LED flashing ;)

Onkel Dunkel 23.08.2005 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pDc
I guess I just wanted more LED flashing ;)

Well normally i like flashing LEDs too but in this case i will make an exeption :wink: