The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about music production (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   What kind of music are you listening to? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24155)

Jade 15.01.2004 10:02 PM

What kind of music are you listening to?

I most listen to synthtron (Ladytron, Miss Kittin & The Hacker, Felix Da Housecat, Fischerspooner etc.)

What do you listen to? =)

Juho L 15.01.2004 11:40 PM

Mostly progressive rock (ELP, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, The Nice, etc), fusion jazz (Mahavishnu Orchestra, Niacin), basic jazz (Trio T?yke?t, Weather Report) some various electronic music (Shpongle, Converter, etc) and some Finnish pop/rock bands (YUP, Absoluuttinen Nollapiste).

Tomer=Trance 16.01.2004 05:05 AM

mostly trance (armin van burren,above and beyond,lange,pulser also some ambient (shopngle... )
some dnb (john b)
i mostly listens to every kind of music other then havey metal and new metal all thos...

3o3 16.01.2004 12:48 PM

I listen to everything. I can't just listen to just one specific type of music.

Everything from classic music, chip, jazz, rock, pop, techno, trance, electronic music in general. Well there are a few genres I awoid - Swedish dansband music, Deathmetal and Swedish "viking"-rock but in general all types of music is played here

crea 16.01.2004 05:25 PM

I devour basically anything that sounds good - i.e. no special genre. At the moment it happens to be j-pop (Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, Janne da Arc, Gackt), retro new wave (Ultravox, Pet Shop Boys, Eurythmics) plus a bunch of dance/trance/techno/electronica-stuff (Aril Brikha, Ferry Corsten, Astral Projection, Moloko, Infected Mushroom, KLF).
Too much to put on a list but I guess the above are representative since they're on my current playlist ;)

Juho L 16.01.2004 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3o3
Everything from classic music,

I completely forgot classical. J.Sibelius and E.Liszt at the moment.

scottyp 16.01.2004 07:50 PM

I'm mostly into dnb - tons of different artists that make up my vinyl collection. Also some decent hip hop acts like Jurassic5, Outkast, Black Eyed Peas, Tribe, etc. Love the Ninja Tunes label too. I've also been listening to older Prodigy, Moby and Chemical Bros lately.

My Favorite acts overall have got to be Kosheen and Everything But The Girl.

Juho L 16.01.2004 10:53 PM

Somehow I felt an urge to dig up Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals. These are even better than I remembered. Very corny.

Hollowcell 16.01.2004 11:43 PM

mostly i have been listening to online artists recently...there are some great ones popping up around the place.

as far as commercial releases go...

boom boom satalites, nine inch nails, prodigy (still), radio head, massive attack, you am i, regurgitator, goldie - plus other asorted breaks artists, chemical brothers, killing heidi, rage against the machine, moby....and thats to name a few i guess....

also i listen to word music on the occasion too...a friend of mine has some cool vinal from the 70s with some weird music from all round the place. so thats been playing here too...

Juho L 16.01.2004 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
mostly i have been listening to online artists recently.

Do you happen to live in a shed? Sorry, poor The Fast Show remark.

Quote:

also i listen to word music on the occasion too...a friend of mine has some cool vinal from the 70s with some weird music from all round the place. so thats been playing here too...
I've always been keen on celtic music. Very rythmic music with great melodies. Eastern music is also ok, but works better when integrated on other kind of music (for example space rock). And speaking of space rock I forgot to mention Ozric Tentacles.

Hmm... Manson's Antichrist Superstar is great record! Really nice music to be played loud. Opening track is one of the best rumble ramble tracks. It makes you want to do something insane, like drinking another cup of tea without sugar. Even better for that purpose than Converter. Manson's records have very personal sound. "I like it a lot".