The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Just won a kb on ebay... (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24937)

jhsunix 14.12.2004 04:32 AM

Just won a kb on ebay...

$860+$50 USD

Did I pay a good price? Too high maybe? All this talk about the prices divebombing is making me nervous...

Can't wait to get my first virus..

blay 14.12.2004 05:45 AM

i have seen cheaper deals, but not many - but the point is are you happy with the instrument you just bought for that price?
i think you should be chuffed with your new investment - the kb is an amazing va!
congrats on your new virus :D

blay 14.12.2004 05:47 AM

and btw welcome to the forum :D

jhsunix 14.12.2004 06:03 AM

Thanks! And -- Yes, I'm actually quite excited to finally be a virus owner !!

I've only fooled around with soft synths in past... Propellerheads Rebirth and Reason, and I don't know if anyone knows, the Arturia moog modular V as a VST instrument, so this is also my first real hardware synth

Is the price I paid about about/above/below average for what kB's go for? About what would you say is about average price these days?

I am just curious, because I did a forum search, and saw nothing about kBs! All talk about TIs and C's 8O :)

can't wait can't wait.. good thing finals exams are winding down for me... :wink:

Hollowcell 14.12.2004 06:58 AM

Welcome! :D

I'm not sure if that's a good price or not honestly. I wouldn't even know how much the Cs go for now and I have a C. Now that the deal is done though, I wouldn't be worrying too much about the cash anyways - can't go back.

Have fun with the new toy.

3o3 14.12.2004 07:45 AM

Welcome.

Don't worry about the price; it's still a very nice synthesizer

pDc 14.12.2004 08:07 AM

Yeah prices are likely to be dropping about now but don't worry...
If you carry on buying hardware, you'll find out it's an expensive game and buying second hand, online, you're just glad to have a seller you can trust to deliver the goods :wink:

The step up from soft synth to Virus is great. It has gorgeous filters...
Have fun!!

Wandering Kid 14.12.2004 08:11 AM

since the dollar is so weak theres about 1.9 dollars to the uk pound now. it should really be more like 1.5. so that traslates roughly as ?455 inc. delivery. i bought my virus b desktop from ebay from ?405 inc delivery so id say you got a pretty good deal.

ben crosland 14.12.2004 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandering Kid
since the dollar is so weak theres about 1.9 dollars to the uk pound now. it should really be more like 1.5. so that traslates roughly as ?455 inc. delivery. i bought my virus b desktop from ebay from ?405 inc delivery so id say you got a pretty good deal.

You have a very nice keyboard there for the money :D

jhsunix 14.12.2004 03:50 PM

no worries here anymore-

I alaready feel better about the price due to some last minute additions I just found out about:

2nd day air,
shipped with case

won last night, shipped this morning

Probably should start a new topic but..

Any people here are using linux recording setups?