The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   The forum members' music (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   In The Distance - Experimental Breaks. (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=23848)

Hollowcell 07.09.2003 06:14 AM

In The Distance - Experimental Breaks.

Sorry this track has been removed from Electromancer as I can only have 4 tracks online at one time with a free account.

If you wanna hear it, feel free to send me a PM.

Tomer=Trance 07.09.2003 12:12 PM

something is wrong with the link man

Hollowcell 07.09.2003 11:26 PM

just left click it...i tried it out yesterday, it worked fine...plus people have downloaded it off another forum...

ben crosland 08.09.2003 09:47 AM

Nice sounds :) The track has much that's good about it, but it doesn't sound quite finished to me - I was wanting to hear another part (snaking, driving and melodic) to glue it all together. I also reckon it should be quite a bit quicker - but then I'm a bit a speed freak when it comes to d'n'b :) The dry vocal sounds a bit weak, but the cut-ups sound OK. Perhaps you could try interspersing the close, intimate (lyrically ironic) whispered vocal with a screamed, (time-stretched?) version that really is 'in the distance'?

Hope this comes across as positive critique :wink:

-=BC

Blank 08.09.2003 11:56 AM

i think the track is awesome but i will say the vocals (plain) not the cut up..it sounds like u r whispering because u dont want to wake any1 up while u r making the track...i would have done something different there...

but freakin awesome...

peace
Blank

Hollowcell 08.09.2003 03:18 PM

thanks for the input guys!!

this track was actually put together almost 3 years ago....it was a colab with a mate of mine Jason C.....just recently i remastered it, so i decided to put it on the web....this turned out to be an epic remaster (shouldnt have started it really)...we didnt know what we were doing back then, so even getting it to this quality took hours to remaster!!

im really not into my own singing voice, hence the vocal i recorded there....i took all the bass end eq out at the recording stage...then the vocal was run through a nord micro modular running a LFO....some parts were looped and screwed around with using an appegiator too....then each track in cubase had differnt eq....

every synth part was run through the micro modular too.....

anyway, thanks guys!! this is the first real track ive put up on the net, so its great to hear some critizing feedback!!

Juho L 08.09.2003 03:27 PM

Not bad but it sounds quite muffled. Maybe it's there to add some early-raw-dnb sound. The vocals are "interesting"; in other words better without them.

I'm bad reviewer.

Tomer=Trance 08.09.2003 05:50 PM

i like it,sounds great -realy... :)
the voices are realy cool (what is it that you are saying there? :mrgreen: )

Blank 08.09.2003 07:11 PM

yes juho u r a terrible reviewer...a job of a reviewer is not to just to look at all the bad aspects of a song...its to look at the whole picture...so of course the not bad part is really just sayin to me and every1 reading that u dont like the song...and everything else just backs it up...its almost like sayin "oh its not terrible" or "it could be worse"

Tomer look at the title of the song u should be able to figure out what hes sayin from that...

I think u did an excellent job on the song...didnt bore me one bit...the whole song had just enough changes to keep my attention...i thought it was great...

peace
Blank

Hollowcell 08.09.2003 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juho L
Not bad but it sounds quite muffled. Maybe it's there to add some early-raw-dnb sound. The vocals are "interesting"; in other words better without them.

I'm bad reviewer.

hehehe, i wouldnt have expected n e thing less!!
any input is good input.... :D

the song is quite muddy/muffled....specialy the drums IMO....but the vocals are my favorite part!! dont worry juho, im working on a prog-rock/folk/glam-metal tune now..... :wink:

this is one track that has congered many a different response!! most coming from non-production friends....so its great to some opinions from u guys here!!