The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Trouble with your Access Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   64 bit OS.. (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=30296)

Logicology 20.08.2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absynth (Post 292110)
but why should a company like access care about that you are using a sampler? just think about it

Thank about what?! You're not making any sense.

It's very apparent that you don't know what you're talking about. You can not use the Virus TI on a 64-bit OS. This has nothing to do with samplers. If you have a 64 bit OS you can not use it. Are you understanding? By not releasing 64-bit drivers Access is alienating a huge majority of musicians.

Even despite that, your argument makes no sense. The Virus is purchased and sold as a component to your rig. Access does not sell the virus thinking it will be the ONLY piece of equipment someone would own. To say they wouldn't care about someone "using a sampler" is narrow-minded and just really a strange thing to say.

You think about it.

DNME 31.08.2009 03:46 PM

Still no news on the 64 bit drivers ???

TheHobbit 02.09.2009 08:28 AM

I am sure Marc has put a post on the Companies forum that now the 3.1.0 is out and virtually stable the work on 64 bit is in progress xxx fingers crossed xxx

Alakhai 02.09.2009 08:39 AM

*joins in the fingers-crossing*

I'm waiting for this to build my new sequencer, c'mon guys, my art cannot wait :D

absynth 03.09.2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logicology (Post 292881)
Thank about what?! You're not making any sense.

It's very apparent that you don't know what you're talking about. You can not use the Virus TI on a 64-bit OS. This has nothing to do with samplers. If you have a 64 bit OS you can not use it. Are you understanding? By not releasing 64-bit drivers Access is alienating a huge majority of musicians.

Even despite that, your argument makes no sense. The Virus is purchased and sold as a component to your rig. Access does not sell the virus thinking it will be the ONLY piece of equipment someone would own. To say they wouldn't care about someone "using a sampler" is narrow-minded and just really a strange thing to say.

You think about it.

The point is: it´s too Early for 64 Bit, when Access releases 64 Bit drivers its´ gonna be one huge Beta Test

for me it´s important to have a stable, productive system to be able to work on my music, not betatesting all over again

access should really put all energy in their 32 Bit Drivers and make those rock solid (still lots of issues)

also Sequenzers like Reaper, Studio One...should be supported, theres windows 7 coming soon, still issues with win7...you see, there is still a LOT to do for Access with 32Bit!

Sonis 03.09.2009 08:51 AM

How is it too early to start working on 64 bit? Access is border-lining on being retardedly behind the times as far as 64 bit support goes. It's been stated on the official access forums that 64 bit support is the next thing they're working on though now that 3.1.0 is out

If you're still having stability problems with 3.1.0 you should get in contact with access support though because it's rock solid for me and for a lot of other people.

And issues with win 7? Lack of 64 bit support is likely going to alienate WAY more customers than a few small problems with win 7. The win 7 people would still be able to use the virus even if it was a little buggy here and there. The 64 bit group has no option if they want to actually use VC.

rudewave 19.09.2009 01:24 AM

:cry:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonis (Post 293208)
How is it too early to start working on 64 bit? Access is border-lining on being retardedly behind the times as far as 64 bit support goes. It's been stated on the official access forums that 64 bit support is the next thing they're working on though now that 3.1.0 is out

If you're still having stability problems with 3.1.0 you should get in contact with access support though because it's rock solid for me and for a lot of other people.

And issues with win 7? Lack of 64 bit support is likely going to alienate WAY more customers than a few small problems with win 7. The win 7 people would still be able to use the virus even if it was a little buggy here and there. The 64 bit group has no option if they want to actually use VC.

+1... totally agree. 64 bit driver needs to be released soon. I have a new PC i7 with 12 Gb and XP 64 bit and nowdays i have to work with my old 32 bit XP 1 GB 3.0 GHz in order to use VC

Arch 24.09.2009 12:08 PM

Has anyone tried wrappers such as fx teleport. Eg use an x32 host on an x64 os, use fx teleport (install both client and server on same pc) to access an extra 4gb per instance.

Ronkaz 01.10.2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch (Post 293523)
Has anyone tried wrappers such as fx teleport. Eg use an x32 host on an x64 os, use fx teleport (install both client and server on same pc) to access an extra 4gb per instance.

the virus control plugin would still need a 64bit driver to talk ot the virus ti.

but you might give the 64bit public beta a try...

r

HUEY 01.10.2009 11:22 AM

Here is your 64 Bit support (Windows and Mac) :D

http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=31579