The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Loading custom banks (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=32241)

synthwulf 11.06.2010 06:10 PM

Loading custom banks

Forgive me for asking such a basic question; I couldn't find anything in the manual about it;

How do you take a Midi file that has a custom sound bank (for instance a bunch of presets), and load it into the Virus TI? I've tried putting it on the midi track of the Virus in my sequencer and playing it, but nothing seems to happen (SysEx is not filtered). There must be a setting on the Virus that I have to engage first before it reads the midi and loads the custom patch bank. Does anyone know what it is?

TheHobbit 12.06.2010 12:04 AM

Drop the patch.preset into you folder where access oatches are ie :c\...\mydocuments\access music\ and open Virus CP in DAW you can load mid files directly without messing around with the TI..

synthwulf 17.06.2010 09:28 PM

That didn't work. I'm on a stupid Mac, the Access Music folder was put into the applications folder. Inside were the documents for the synth, and two shortcut folders (alias folders) that went to Patches and Documents. Clicking on either of these brought me back to the original Access Music folder. I then proceeded to create my own folder in there, called patches. That did not work either.

The virus doesn't respond or change if I put them in my sequencer and play them on the Virus TI's track. I am going to try reinstalling the software, and then dragging the midis into the shortcut folders.

synthwulf 17.06.2010 09:28 PM

That didn't work. I'm on a stupid Mac, the Access Music folder was put into the applications folder. Inside were the documents for the synth, and two shortcut folders (alias folders) that went to Patches and Documents. Clicking on either of these brought me back to the original Access Music folder. I then proceeded to create my own folder in there, called patches. That did not work either.

The virus doesn't respond or change if I put them in my sequencer and play them on the Virus TI's track. I am going to try reinstalling the software, and then dragging the midis into the shortcut folders.

markorbit 18.06.2010 12:37 AM

Drop the midi file in:

Library > Application Support > Access Music > Virus TI > Patches

synthwulf 18.06.2010 03:56 AM

thanks a lot :)

dcer10 09.11.2018 10:49 AM

I've been adding my patches there on my mac and cant get them to come up in the VST librarian/editor either. Is there some kind of odd permissions on files in that folder?

oli@bass 14.11.2018 07:24 AM

Your own patches should be within the user home directory, not in the system's Library location. There you always have all the read and write permissions.

Then your patches go into
Users/<username>/Documents/Access Music/Virus TI/Patches/