The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Access Virus - [i]Bass Sound Tutorial[/i] (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=23817)

DIGITAL SCREAMS 12.07.2003 08:52 AM

Access Virus - [i]Bass Sound Tutorial[/i]

Please post a .mid file of the Virus bass you've made + brief description of how it was made. I will include my .mid files shortly!

Blank 12.07.2003 09:16 AM

thats way too much work man...if we were going to post midi files why wouldnt the individual who downloads it just look at how u made it...thats how i learned what i know...if i uploaded one of my sounds it would either be a 4 paragraph essay or just "i dont know"...not to sound negitive...if any1 wants to do it go ahead im not going to stop u...but i think its a little too much to ask...hek i bet most ppl dont even know completely how they came up with the sound...i personally think luck has alot to do with it...u play with a sound till it works!!

peace
Blank

DIGITAL SCREAMS 14.07.2003 04:14 PM

Ok fair comment Blank.....

*Cough Cough* Ermm... what I meant to say, post your best bass .mid files here so we can all upload them into our Virus' and see how it was made.

hehe

DS

Blank 14.07.2003 10:00 PM

now i think that is a wonderful idea :wink:

peace
Blank

TommyS 15.07.2003 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blank
i bet most ppl dont even know completely how they came up with the sound...i personally think luck has alot to do with it

Yep agree. I just tweak the knobs until i get a sound I like. But now, I`m getting into the theory of it more from working with modular synths.

:D

Blank 16.07.2003 11:00 AM

the only way i think it is even possible to really know how to make what sound without just tweaking would have to be your whole life worth of experience...and/or a degree in synthesis...i know some stuff but its super general...but it is a little beyond the average user...

peace
Blank

Filly 25.09.2003 10:27 PM

You can learn about synthesis by spending a few weekends in front of your Virus with the manual. It sounds a bit boring when all you want to do is get on with it and make tunes, but once you learn about it a bit, you can hear a sound in a tune and have a pretty good idea about how it's constructed.
You can also post sample of sounds you want to make on websites such as this and others and have experienced sound designers tell you how 8)

Filly 25.09.2003 10:29 PM

I've never used an avatar on any forum before, but this default one may just persuade me to go and get one!

Filly 25.09.2003 10:30 PM

........Ok it's gone now....

Blank 26.09.2003 08:47 AM

so filly r u good and sound design?

peace
Blank