The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Ok, So how many Virus A's, B's and C's were made? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24822)

DIGITAL SCREAMS 20.11.2004 02:29 PM

Ok, So how many Virus A's, B's and C's were made?

Now that they are discontiuned lines and the Ti is out (or soon to be out)....Ive always wondered roughly how many Virus' were made.

My estimate is that Access have shifted 35,000 since 1997. What do you guys reckon?

It would be interesting to see if anyone at Access would be prepared to disclose how many.

DS

blay 20.11.2004 02:56 PM

mate i couldnt even try to guess 8O

id say enough to keep access owners very very happy :wink:

Hollowcell 20.11.2004 11:01 PM

There's only one that matters and that's the one plugged into my mixer. :D

jasedee 21.11.2004 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
There's only one that matters and that's the one that I sleep with at night. :D

I'll drink to that!

DIGITAL SCREAMS 21.11.2004 12:54 AM

So you guys are not that bothered......huh :wink:

I'd like to know because I'd like to get a feel for how available parts will be in years to come. Thats the way my mind works...thats what buying old analogs does to ya :roll:

DS

jasedee 21.11.2004 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
So you guys are not that bothered......huh :wink:

I'd like to know because I'd like to get a feel for how available parts will be in years to come. Thats the way my mind works...thats what buying old analogs does to ya :roll:

DS

You have a good point here.....but something tells me that for a new synth like a virus, there wont be as many issues for spare parts as something like a vintage synth, well, not for many years to come.

And, I can barely plan for next week, let alone 15-20 years from now. Heck, who knows, anything could happen.......

Hollowcell 21.11.2004 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasedee
And, I can barely plan for the next time I take a leak, let alone learn how to stop myself peeing in my pants. Heck, who knows, anything could happen.......

And, I'll drink to that! :lol: :wink:

jasedee 21.11.2004 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasedee
And, I can barely plan for the next time I take a leak, let alone learn how to stop myself peeing in my pants. Heck, who knows, anything could happen.......

And, I'll drink to that! :lol: :wink:

heheheheee.......nice one :)

3o3 21.11.2004 10:02 AM

Hahaha.

DIGITAL SCREAMS 21.11.2004 10:48 AM

DO you guys plan to be still using the Virus in 20 yrs time? If you are...it might help you to think about stockpiling some parts. For alot of digital synths the 15-20 yr mark is when components start to go weird/fail.

Ive experienced frustration with old analogs. I would DO ANYTHING to replace the pots of the Pro-One with new old stock. Same goes for Prophet 5. I would DO ANYTHING to replace the buttons and sliders on the Jupiter 8. No one has enough spares!

When I buy the Virus TI...im going to look into buying an additional PCD, set of buttons, knobs and LCD. The keyboard itself is fine...will last for ever. Believe you me...this forward thinking will save you pain in years to come.

Hehe DS