The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   The forum members' music (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   New Big-beat-breaks track online. (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24582)

Hollowcell 06.08.2004 10:49 PM

New Big-beat-breaks track online.

Hi guys/girls,

I have a new track up on Electromancer called Romlet. More on the electronic side than anything else I've done lately.

Feel free to take a listen and tell me what you think (yes even Juho).

Click on the Electromancer link in my signature and look for Romlet.

3o3 07.08.2004 04:21 AM

Since you sent this one to me, i don't gotta download it.. anyways like i said, this track is by far the best i've heard from you. It sure is nice, i like those beats as well as the distorted leads.

Well, you know what i think of the track.

Tomer=Trance 07.08.2004 07:54 AM

great work
distored reminds me a bit of a crystal method track but again distorted leads are realy common in this kind of music.
the beat is realy good and fat all tho i would like to hear it run smoothly at some point of the track without a break.
keep it coming :wink:

Hollowcell 07.08.2004 10:11 AM

Thanks fellas!

I even played this track to Juho and he came back with the word "Nice". This is by far the best review I've had from Juho.

Tomer, I delibrately went for a chopped up feel for those drums. Originally I had a few sections where the drums settled, but I decided it didn't sound so good witht eh rest of the track.

Thanks again for the great feedback guys! :D

Juho L 07.08.2004 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
I even played this track to Juho and he came back with the word "Nice". This is by far the best review I've had from Juho.

"When Juho likes it, it has to be good!". Hoho.

I really like the general sound and production in this one. Especially drums and the gritty HP/BP lead. But I still don't like the minimalism. It seems that this track gets stuck after two minutes. The even slight progression it had before is gone. It would have been a good idea to add/change the sounds a bit towards the end to keep up the interest of the listener. One thing that came to my mind is that this reminds maybe a little bit too much that one track of yours with vocals. But as a conclusion this is your best track so far. The only flaw here is that it doesn't fit to my taste. ?hih.

jasedee 07.08.2004 03:27 PM

Nice one!

I agree with everyone else....definately the best one so far. I think it is because this one is a little more accessible, and not too "Experimental".

I like the drums.....nice production. It is almost chilled breaks, or ambient breaks with a dark edge.

You have inspired me to finish off a breaks track!

Cheers,

Jase

3o3 07.08.2004 04:21 PM

Quote:

The only flaw here is that it doesn't fit to my taste
You so evil! h?h?..

<monkey>Input beer here</monkey>
<sun>Input beer here</sun>.

It's too freakin' hot today.. And i am bored and drunk.. how can that acctually be?.

Hollowcell 07.08.2004 10:14 PM

Thanks for listening guys!

I seem to be getting good response for this one. :D

DIGITAL SCREAMS 09.08.2004 09:24 PM

HC im inclined to agree with the others here....this is one of your best sounding tracks. The production of this track seems to be very good......I guess you will further improve if you make busier tracks! But I like ur minimilism.....u use sounds effectively and I dont have a problem with that.

Nice drums throughout and robust synth sounds. Overall this track exudes alot of confidence. It would however benifit from some of my 80's synth sounds..... hehehehehe j/k

Very good m8

DS

Hollowcell 09.08.2004 10:48 PM

Thanks DS. :D

Maybe I'll use a few of your sounds on the next one! :wink: