The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Off topic (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   I don't mind going out for a beer.... (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=29020)

nvisibl 29.06.2007 05:35 PM

I don't mind going out for a beer....

....but the hangover next day(s) sucks.

Are there any miracle beers or alcoholic beverages out there that you know of which don't necessitate a hangover? I've not found any yet, and I normally just drink a lot of water before going to bed, but thats just damage limitation really.

Khazul 29.06.2007 07:45 PM

Bacardi and coke has more or less become my standard clubbing/rave poison - No hangover at all :)

ledge 29.06.2007 08:29 PM

I find spirits much more forgiving than beer in general. Beer fucking sucks for the next day.

The girl next door 29.06.2007 08:43 PM

I've recently discovered "Captain Morgan Rum with Coke" very nice..
But i still like scudding beer though..

Onkel Dunkel 29.06.2007 08:51 PM

I think the main reason for spirits are more "forgiving" than beer is the fact that you loose a lot of liquid from drinking beer (it´s all the toilet visits ;) ) and dehydration gives headackes...

I don´t have a clue how to avoid hangovers. I only think they can be reduced; never removed completly. I did try something called "gopal party cactus". They says that it "might reduce hangovers". First time i tried them i didn´t really feel much diffenrence (maybe a little but i´m not sure) and the second time i tried them i had the worst hangover of my life the day after. Anyway i think that the main reason for them to work is that you have to take them just before you go to bed with.....a big glass of water. No wonder that they "might reduce hangover". So does a big glass of water so i recomend that you stick to the water before bedtime...

nvisibl 30.06.2007 07:26 AM

I took bottles of water to the pub with me last night and drank them in amongst the beers. Its amazing the stupid comments you recieve from some just cause you do something thats a little out of the norm. Frickin brainwashed robots the lot of them.

Spirits is probably best right enough...... you'd need to go easy on them though if your used to drinking beer.

I heard that most minor ailments are the result of dehydration... we don't drink enough water in general.

ledge 30.06.2007 08:50 PM

I always get glasses of water as well when I'm out.

The best I think is a energy drink here called V mixed with vodka. Like red bull and vodka but a diffrenent taste. Last time I hit them I got so wasted it wasn't funny, particularly for the people around me. I'm glad I get stupid when drunk and not violent. I'm also glad I don't drink like that anymore, this would have been around 7 or 8 years ago.

But I woke up feeling fine.

nvisibl 30.06.2007 11:04 PM

i forgot about red bull and vodka.. that is quite good and doesn't leave so much a nasty hangover. too much red bull makes my nervous system a bit jangly right enuff.

Khazul 01.07.2007 04:09 PM

Well I got through knebworth last night on munchies and water :)

Was driving - grrr!! - wicked gig tho and a total mud fest :)

Onkel Dunkel 01.07.2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvisibl (Post 277811)
i forgot about red bull and vodka.. that is quite good and doesn't leave so much a nasty hangover. too much red bull makes my nervous system a bit jangly right enuff.

I heard about 3 swedes that died from vodka and Red Bull...