The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Bye Bye and Welcome (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=31432)

marc 17.08.2009 05:40 PM

Bye Bye and Welcome

hello,

i've been a regular poster here for the last years. Today, the new access website was launched and we have our own forum now. I guess i will spend most time on the new official forum. I'm not writing this mail in an attempt to drag everybody over but to let you know that due to limited time i probably will have to focus on one forum. At the same time, i think we need an unofficial Virus forum as much as an official one - so i hope that both forums will steadily grow.
The new access forum is a little bit different to the one here. In a nutshell, we have two separate forums where one is for virus owners and the other one for people who want to post but don't own one. This way, we want to make it harder for the trolls (people who try to harm a forum by posting destructive content). We hope to be able to create a warm and welcome and friendly atmosphere.

i'd like to thank everybody who maintained infected.org over the years. you guys did a brilliant job!

all the best,

marc
access music

Hollowcell 17.08.2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc (Post 292788)
This way, we want to make it harder for the trolls (people who try to harm a forum by posting destructive content).

I think you mean that you would like to make it harder for people with negative comments regarding your synths to make their trouble public right? :)

Microsoft hasn't been giving you guys marketing advice by any chance?

See ya Marc.

grs 18.08.2009 12:48 AM

I think a lot of constructive criticism comes from access hardware owners and I think a very small percentage of non owners even bother to post. Anyway I've joined the other forum and registered my hardware just to see and get the downloads and perhaps if there are any un-speakable queries about the Virus Ti I may have to ask it here.
Chow Marc.

infraction 18.08.2009 05:28 AM

Do virus powercore users get access to this new forum of yours? I noticed there was only the hardware synths to choose when registering.

marc 18.08.2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell (Post 292797)
I think you mean that you would like to make it harder for people with negative comments regarding your synths to make their trouble public right? :)

Microsoft hasn't been giving you guys marketing advice by any chance?

See ya Marc.

haha :) - i will miss you hollowcell! don't be so paranoid, i guess it's just fair that everybody can setup a forum like they think it's good for everybody. we only try to create a place with a good atmosphere. and as for making trouble public, who aside from virus owners would know about their troubles first hand? everybody can read the private forum, there is nothing to hide.

m

marc 18.08.2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infraction (Post 292806)
Do virus powercore users get access to this new forum of yours? I noticed there was only the hardware synths to choose when registering.

the virus powercore is supported and distributed by TC - they have an online forum for it.

best, marc

Celestry 18.08.2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc (Post 292813)
haha :) - i will miss you hollowcell! don't be so paranoid, i guess it's just fair that everybody can setup a forum like they think it's good for everybody. we only try to create a place with a good atmosphere. and as for making trouble public, who aside from virus owners would know about their troubles first hand? everybody can read the private forum, there is nothing to hide.

m

Hey, Marc! New site and Forum is great, so congratulations. I think there are those of us who like an amount of controversy in our forum experience, and perhaps enjoy the occasional use of profanity! Would this be acceptable over at your place, eh? (^_^) It can't always be nicey nicey, not with us tough Virus fuckers, eh? ;)

marc 18.08.2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celestry (Post 292817)
Hey, Marc! New site and Forum is great, so congratulations. I think there are those of us who like an amount of controversy in our forum experience, and perhaps enjoy the occasional use of profanity! Would this be acceptable over at your place, eh? (^_^) It can't always be nicey nicey, not with us tough Virus fuckers, eh? ;)

i think, profanity and especially controversy are not a problem at all. i guess it's just like in real life: it's the _way_ you say it.

m

Timo 18.08.2009 12:13 PM

Best of luck with the new site, Marc. Love the new front end, very clean and navigable, much better than the old site.

Hope you've found Infekted/Sunesha useful over the last decade with all the bug-reports, cheerleading, discussions, ideas and publicity.

Guessing a free Snow for Drammy, Juho, Alex and myself might be out of the question? ;) (Can't blame a guy for trying, lol!).

But sincerely best of luck. Here's to the proliferation and further spread of the disease without a cure. :)

Virus TI = Totally Infekted™.