The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Studio equipment (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Korg Kaoss Pad (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24198)

Juho L 29.01.2004 06:03 PM

Korg Kaoss Pad

Anyone know how much these things cost nowadays? I thought that it would be very nice piece of equipement. Any chance to get one below 100??

pDc 29.01.2004 06:29 PM

I can't tell you how much it costs now - I paid ?230 (?) for it 2 years ago. Less than 100 Euro would be a great price!

I own a special edition Kaoss pad (the transparent one). It looks AMAZING. Especially in the dark! :D

However, I'd say the effects are only good for DJ'ing. IMHO, the effects aren't good enough for proper studio work.
Though it does have MIDI Out, which I will certainly test when I get my Virus.

Can I ask - have you actually played with a Kaoss pad and are you going to be using it for studio fx?

Paul

P.S. Sorry to have not answered your question in the slightest!

Juho L 29.01.2004 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pDc
However, I'd say the effects are only good for DJ'ing. IMHO, the effects aren't good enough for proper studio work.
Though it does have MIDI Out, which I will certainly test when I get my Virus.

Can I ask - have you actually played with a Kaoss pad and are you going to be using it for studio fx?

I was going to use it as MIDI controller and realtime FX for leads and other stuff. I know it's useless as send FX box.

Quote:

P.S. Sorry to have not answered your question in the slightest!
No problem. I do that all the time.

TommyS 29.01.2004 10:28 PM

I have a korg kaos pad. The effects are ok and there is nothing spectacular about them. Also it can be used as a X-Y midi controller.

I`d say look for something else.

There is the Kaos pad 2 aswell but ive not checked it out that much . All i know is it can sync effect to bpm but i think the bpm is derived from tap tempo function. Its got a few extra effects aswell but nothing majorly different except its appearance.

i`d say you`d be able to get the original pad for less than 100 euros

:D

Juho L 30.01.2004 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyS
I`d say look for something else.

But the problem is that there's no "something else"! I wouldn't even have to think twice if Alesis AirFX would send MIDI CC, but it doesn't. It seems that Kaoss Pad is the only a bit more "special" MIDI controller that is around 100?.

If you know any other touchpad or AirFX style systems that send MIDI, let me know.

Quote:

i`d say you`d be able to get the original pad for less than 100 euros
Hoho. Well, maybe I'll buy your Kaoss Pad for 5 euros. Sounds good? Great! That's a deal then!

scottyp 30.01.2004 07:42 PM

I'll give ya 30 euros!

The Flame is on! :twisted:

Juho L 31.01.2004 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyp
I'll give ya 30 euros!

The Flame is on! :twisted:

Nah... I don't want to start insane bidding and flaming... 40 euros.

scottyp 05.02.2004 02:37 PM

41.50?

Juho L 05.02.2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyp
41.50?

Scottyp's offer < Juho L's offer < Scottyp's offer + alpha, when Scottyp's offer < 100.
Alpha = 0.02
Scottyp's offer, Juho L's offer e [0, 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, ... , n].

Smag 10.02.2004 04:10 PM

There's one in the shop near me for ?200 (Sterling)