The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Sound designing (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Cosmosis' Virus B patches (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25429)

ledge 03.05.2005 04:27 AM

Cosmosis' Virus B patches

Just saw a post by Cosmosis on the Isratrance forums pointing to his website and when I went to have a look there saw that he has put up his Virus B patches for download.

Not sure if it is everything, or what it covers as I have only just found it, but it has got to be worth taking a peek at.

http://www.cosmosis.co.uk/drbill.html

He also has some interesting info on producing trance music etc. Good reading.

blay 03.05.2005 04:37 AM

thanks for the link ledge.
appropriate avatar for your preferred style of music ;)

cheers

blay

hatembr 03.05.2005 07:01 AM

Cosmosis is one of my favourite old school goa producers, we used to exchange emails, btw, he was one of the first with whom i talked about the virus and VST plugins, i remember he told me Triangle was great for basses....
As far as this site go, i think it is new, he used to host a site on innerverse.com or something like that, and then the site disappeared, it's great he's back again!!! Dr Bagginz !! :D I'll download his patches and give it a try!!

AlexHall74 03.05.2005 11:59 AM

Thanks for the link to this site; it looks awesome!

I can't wait to read it while at work today. :wink:

-Alex

saba 03.05.2005 01:08 PM

WOW!

I utterly love old-school Cosmosis, indeed, I believe Synergy was his best work.

And him releasing patches? Ace stuff! Shame I sold my virus so many months ago when the TI was announced. Thank's for that Access, now I can't try it out :(

DIGITAL SCREAMS 05.05.2005 09:06 PM

Anyone got any of his music...or know where I can get it?

DS

saba 05.05.2005 11:28 PM

Most of it is probably long out of print :( But his newer stuff should be available from psyshop.com

Gopal 06.05.2005 12:14 AM

Thanks for that link Ledge, I used to play quite alot of his tunes when I played psytrance. I've got a fair few of the older 12"s. Crazy, super busy, twisty psy goodness :lol:

hatembr 06.05.2005 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Anyone got any of his music...or know where I can get it?

DS

i have some of his tracks, my favourite ones are Key to the Innerverse and Gift of The Gods .

foot-e 10.05.2005 05:38 AM

great link, cheers!

xsdata-kc 15.05.2005 06:52 AM

wiked

thanks

xsdata-kc 15.05.2005 07:59 AM

can anyone help? when I download the cosmosis files and unrar them the extension is *.fxp and sound diver wont recognise the format..

any help

xsdata-kc 15.05.2005 10:17 AM

ok it helps if u download the correct set ..

hatembr 16.05.2005 12:04 AM

fxp are single patch files recognaized by cubase.
u may have downloaded the albino patches, not the virus ones.

wavesinspace 02.06.2005 09:23 PM

my friend kris did his site....

some of those b patches are pretty good..

wavesinspace 02.06.2005 09:25 PM

yeah the patches are single dumps so u got to save each one individually... I beleive there are 59 or so... a pain but worth it... there are a few gems in there..

-paul

Gopal 02.06.2005 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavesinspace
yeah the patches are single dumps so u got to save each one individually... I beleive there are 59 or so... a pain but worth it... there are a few gems in there..

-paul

Can you please elaborate on that? I'm a bit stoopid today. I've never had any problems opening up soundsets before with soundiver but this one just opens up as a single patch!?!?

I like all his albino patches so I'm really keen to try out the virus ones.

wavesinspace 03.06.2005 02:16 PM

sure,

I believe the file is a sysex dump of single patches.... so it is NOT sounddiver compatable....

what you need to do is this...

open the file in your favorite sequencer (logic / cubase) and you should see sysex data (appears as "X"'s in logic) accross the timeline.. hit play on your sequencer and wait for the transport to pass the first chunk.. at that point, it should have loaded 1 patch into the buffer of your virus... if u like the patch, save it to a bank, if not, hit play again until the next chunk is read and so on...

hope this helps

paul.

tequila slammer 13.11.2011 11:15 PM

I know this is from quite a while back, but I only just got a virus! :)

I love Cosmosis, but the patches seem to have been removed from his site. Does anyone have a copy lying around?

Edited to add: Looks like I just needed to log in.

filter303 18.07.2018 11:20 PM

Could someone be so kind and upload this bank here? I listened to Cosmosis when I was younger and I'd love to get my hands on his Virus patches.

Timo 20.07.2018 11:25 PM

I have what I believe is the file:-

http://www.infekted.org/virus/files/CosmosisVirusB.mid

However I'm absolutely useless as I cannot seemingly retrieve anything beyond the first patch. I have tried SoundDiver (which retrieved the first patch, but no more, as someone mentioned before me), and I've tried MIDI-OX, but to be honest I don't know what I'm doing. The sequencer I have and use, Renoise, seemingly can't do Sysex dumps. I don't have Cubase or the like.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael Vilogi 29.06.2019 04:58 PM

Thanks so much!