The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Dumping new soundest into Virus C (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=33910)

Psynthetik 15.10.2014 06:37 PM

Dumping new soundest into Virus C

Hey guys having a little problem with dumping some sound sets into my virus. Ive done it in the past but its been a couple years cause its been away for repairs. Anyways, Im using cubase 7.5 and I set up an instrument track and load the midi/sysex file and hit play. Pretty sure this is how its done, but I'm not getting anything happening on the virus. Also one of em says sysex with illegal bank no!!!. Never seen that before. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance

Timo 16.10.2014 12:48 PM

Hi Psyn, have you tried SoundDiver? I know it's a wholly different method.

oscillator 16.10.2014 01:57 PM

Yes, SoundDiver is basically a drag & drop method: you load the file to see its content, then I normally copy all the patches (select all - ctrl c) and paste them into bank A or B. If you don't have the program just ask Access; they will send it to you quickly, otherwise give me your mail with pm and I'll ship it.

Psynthetik 16.10.2014 04:36 PM

Ive never heard of that before, Thanks. Osc, PM your way

LFO8 17.10.2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscillator (Post 305080)
Yes, SoundDiver is basically a drag & drop method: you load the file to see its content, then I normally copy all the patches (select all - ctrl c) and paste them into bank A or B. If you don't have the program just ask Access; they will send it to you quickly, otherwise give me your mail with pm and I'll ship it.

I have done exactly that..ask Access. They won't hand it out anymore as it is not supported any longer. It also won't run anymore on the newer Mac OSX. Sadly.

Timo 18.10.2014 03:29 PM

Unfortunately I don't have the Mac version of SoundDiver, but do have the PC version if you require it. Despite being discontinued since 2002 it still works well on the latest Windows 8.1, 64-bit and is a boon for both librarian and visual patch editor duties for Virus A/B/C. I still use it with my Indigo 1.

Thunderkyss 19.10.2014 02:05 AM

There's a setting in the Virus that must be set to receive sysex. Then your Cubase method should work.

LFO8 19.10.2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timo (Post 305084)
Unfortunately I don't have the Mac version of SoundDiver, but do have the PC version if you require it. Despite being discontinued since 2002 it still works well on the latest Windows 8.1, 64-bit and is a boon for both librarian and visual patch editor duties for Virus A/B/C. I still use it with my Indigo 1.

Would love a version for Mac if anyone has it. Can anyone confirm if it even runs on Mavericks?