The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Off topic (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Back from PNG (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=27960)

jasedee 30.01.2007 06:19 AM

Back from PNG

Yes, back in the warm comforting cradle that is Australia....

BUT!

Looks like I am going travelling again. I'll be flying out to Arizona on Thursday afternoon. CRIKEY!!!!!

We are shooting the first series for a brand new series airing on Discovery Channel. Im not sure how much I can tell you but apparently it is very much in the vain of Myth Busters.

I will however be getting a brand new Mac laptop tomorrow, so those damn Holiday Inns better have FREE WIRELESS CABLE... Or else

:)

Thanks for keeping me sane whilst in the Jungles UAVF

Old Vantaa Man 30.01.2007 09:30 AM

Blimey! He's off again!

Jase, do they drink Kava in PNG? And more importantly, did you?

jasedee 30.01.2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Vantaa Man (Post 274039)
Blimey! He's off again!

Jase, do they drink Kava in PNG? And more importantly, did you?

I think they do some sort of home brew from fruits. Cant remember if it is called Kava though. Sound about right.

They all sit around chewing betel nut with mustard and lime. Horrible stuff but it gets you smashed for 5 minutes. Kinda like coke.

Oh, and plenty of smoko too... wow

theMusicMan 30.01.2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasedee (Post 274040)
They all sit around chewing betel nut with mustard and lime. Horrible stuff but it gets you smashed for 5 minutes. Kinda like coke.

Sorry, but does it mosh your face too!!! :)

jasedee 03.02.2007 01:11 AM

Crowne Plaza...

Well, here I am in Arizona!

Arrived yesterday afternoon and had a guy waiting for me at the airport with one of those little signs. Fekkin cool...

Drove into the desert in this gorgeous car, heaps of cactus everywhere, golf courses and the smell of manure on the greens.

Just finished filming for the day and am now staying at the Crowne Plaza in Phoenix. Lush! BUT... it is a completely non-smoking hotel. Bastards... I have to go all the way down stairs to have a ciggy. Cant even smoke on the bloody balcony

Flying tomorrow to San Francisco...

Below is a preview of what we've been doing in Arizona:

Hollowcell 06.02.2007 04:26 AM

You are one lucky fucker there Jase!!!

I would looovee to be travelling around again. Hold on, I am getting a paid trip to taiwan in a couple of months. :)

jasedee 07.02.2007 03:07 AM

Nice to see you back around these parts Steve...

Just finsished up in San Fran, and now in the middle of fucking nowhere in Virginia, and it is SNOWING!!!! Being from Sydney and all I dont get to see much snow, so it is a real novelty for me. We've been having snowball fights all evening... fuckin great!!!

Pete the Cameraman:

The Hotel in Virginia:

Jase

Old Vantaa Man 07.02.2007 05:03 AM

Plenty of the stuff here mate. It was -21c last evening as I too the dog for a walk. Bloody hell, head felt like a block of ice despite have 2 woolly hats on!

What was going on with that blue dye out of the plane there? And how come you're going east? What's your next assignment?

;-)

jasedee 07.02.2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Vantaa Man (Post 274292)
What was going on with that blue dye out of the plane there? And how come you're going east? What's your next assignment?

The blue stuff is a new product called Thermo Gel which is very effective in fighting fires. It is not normally blue, but we dyed it for our purposes... We covered the talents arm in the stuff and went at him with a blow torch!

We are here in Virginia to shoot some fireworks which will be fun, then we are heading off to New York to film the Chinese New Year fireworks display there.

3o3 07.02.2007 01:00 PM

Jase has the sweetest job.. and for Infekted.org's knowledge when I've charmed him he'll take me everywhere.

You want my swedish manlove all over you!