The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Buy and sell (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   WTF? Preorder price jumps $300 in US? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24836)

mcoyote 23.11.2004 05:19 AM

WTF? Preorder price jumps $300 in US?

I pre-orderd my desktop TI unit a few days ago for approx. $1600. As of, what -- yesterday? -- the prices at places like sweetwater, samedaymusic, etc. have all jumped to $1900 (more or less). What do you supposed happend, and why did they all jump at once?

(...I hope the vendor honors my preorder price...)

blay 23.11.2004 05:25 AM

if you placed a deposit and agreed upon a price then they must honour their quote. (or never do business with them again!)

im sure if you contact these suppliers the units will still be avail at the original price - they are just trying to sucker a little bit more money out of us (because they can).

also - if they display a high price it makes them look like good guys when they drop a couple of hundred off (when really the discount takes the price back to the orig quote!)

Hollowcell 23.11.2004 05:31 AM

First off, welcome to the forum! :D

I agree with Blay. If you pre-ordered at a price and they suddenly decide to up the price that isn't not good business at all.

Not sure what happened with the price jumps though. Maybe they have had more interest than they anticipated.

blay 23.11.2004 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Maybe they have had more interest than they anticipated.

hmm didnt really consider the possibility that there are only so many units available in the inaugarul shipment.....

i wonder just how many access have made of each model for initial release?

jasedee 23.11.2004 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blay
i wonder just how many access have made of each model for initial release?

I reckon Access are pretty switched on, and would have prepared sufficiently for all of the interest.....

Heck, there has been alot of hype and conspiracies (Mainly originating from HC) going on about a new Access for some time now.....They know they got us practically willing to sell our own mothers for this synth

Hollowcell 23.11.2004 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasedee
Heck, there has been alot of hype and conspiracies (Mainly originating from HC) going on about a new Access for some time now.....

I'm a little choked up from your kind words Jase, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean...... :D

3o3 23.11.2004 09:25 AM

Welcome!

Ahh, I love the look of psychadelic backgrounds in the morning

blay 23.11.2004 09:57 AM

wheres my fucking sunglasses 8)
thought i had teleported back to the northcoast for a second there...
love your work HC :lol:

3o3 23.11.2004 11:27 AM

Quote:

love your work HC
GrOOoVyyY, man! - hey duuude.

blay 23.11.2004 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3o3
GrOOoVyyY, man! - hey duuude.

is this some kind of cool swede spek that i havent heard before? :wink: