The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Studio equipment (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Vari-phrase style vocal processing (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26523)

jasedee 31.01.2006 11:19 AM

Vari-phrase style vocal processing

Hey all,

Went into a shop today and had a little spin on the V-Synth (Fuck I love that machine!), anyways, I was trying out the Vari-Phrase vocal pitch shifting stuff (Fuck it sounds awesome!) and was wandering:

Are there any plugs or hardware that can achieve the same results ie: Shifting pitch without speeding up

Cheers!

Jase

Hollowcell 31.01.2006 11:26 AM

Kontakt does a pretty good job. I really wanna try Kontakt 2 before outlaying the cash on a V-synth, as it has an upgraded time-stretch section. Kontakt 1 just doesn't have the quality when compared to the V.

If Kontakt 2 sounds better, then I may even opt for that instead of the V-synth. I do love the user interface of the V-synth, but I'd save a heap of cash for other stuff if I bought Kontakt2 instead.

farfadet 31.01.2006 02:58 PM

Hi,

Yes, take a look at Cakewalk Sonar 5.

Tomer=Trance 31.01.2006 03:55 PM

for amazing processing and pitch shifting there is only one company who beats everyone and that is Eventide.
but be ready to spend much more then a Vsynth for a new unit.

Merlot 31.01.2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Kontakt does a pretty good job. I really wanna try Kontakt 2 before outlaying the cash on a V-synth, as it has an upgraded time-stretch section. Kontakt 1 just doesn't have the quality when compared to the V.

If Kontakt 2 sounds better, then I may even opt for that instead of the V-synth. I do love the user interface of the V-synth, but I'd save a heap of cash for other stuff if I bought Kontakt2 instead.

Better have a boss system to run kontakt 2 on. it is a cpu hog for sure.

Hollowcell 01.02.2006 02:21 AM

Yeah I've read about a few CPU issues too actually. Chances are I'd run it on a seperate machine now days though.

Do you have it Merlot? What's the quality of the realtime pitch/formant shifting like?

AlexHall74 01.02.2006 04:56 AM

OK, fellas, what about Melodyne by Celemony?

A few hundred bucks for a software app (Uno is the cheap version) could save you thousands on a V-Synth...

...at least temporarily anyway.

:D

jasedee 01.02.2006 04:58 AM

Thanks for the tip-offs felllas!

:)

Merlot 01.02.2006 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Do you have it Merlot? What's the quality of the realtime pitch/formant shifting like?

HC,
dont own it, but have read about it on alot of boards. One common thing i am reading is what a cpu hog it is. But the proof is in the pudding. Onboard is a convolution reverb, not to mention the scripting you can do. . . .

Merlot 01.02.2006 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farfadet
Hi,

Yes, take a look at Cakewalk Sonar 5.

Isn't that plug in that will be with sonar 5 modeled after the vp-9000 by roland. THat would be a nice upgrade if I was a PC user. :roll: