The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New TI Polar upgrade (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26788)

soundsubs 16.03.2006 02:31 PM

New TI Polar upgrade

I got tired of waiting for the new OS, so I did a little upgrade myself. Not exactly circuit bending, but I do notice richer, punchier sounds now! what do you think?

ftp://www.onetongun.com/shane/mp3/upgrade1.JPG
ftp://www.onetongun.com/shane/mp3/upgrade2.JPG

sorry, i couldnt figure out how to attach pictures here.

-------shane
i may be skinny, but my synthesizers are fat.

dr. orange 16.03.2006 02:39 PM

ugly

mr.e 16.03.2006 03:04 PM

did you take out the leds or something?

ZEBASTIAN 16.03.2006 03:16 PM

Re: New TI Polar upgrade

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundsubs
I got tired of waiting for the new OS, so I did a little upgrade myself. Not exactly circuit bending, but I do notice richer, punchier sounds now! what do you think?

ftp://www.onetongun.com/shane/mp3/upgrade1.JPG
ftp://www.onetongun.com/shane/mp3/upgrade2.JPG

sorry, i couldnt figure out how to attach pictures here.

-------shane
i may be skinny, but my synthesizers are fat.

I dont get it....WTF you wanna show with those pix? :roll:

Threlly 16.03.2006 03:18 PM

black knobs.....like my soul

soundsubs 16.03.2006 03:19 PM

....the knobs are now black. i replaced the factory ones. kinda looks like an oberheim 4 voice now that i look at it.

i would love to have the knobs that are translucent at the pointer so that in a darker studio you can see where the knob positions are, even though its innacurate when you change patches.

Khazul 16.03.2006 06:53 PM

Reminds me - anyone find a use for the spare red knob that comes with the keyboard version? (dunno if the polar comes with it).

Or maybe it was just the first batch that had them...

ZEBASTIAN 16.03.2006 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khazul
Reminds me - anyone find a use for the spare red knob that comes with the keyboard version? (dunno if the polar comes with it).

Or maybe it was just the first batch that had them...

I use the red knob for Master Volume

The girl next door 16.03.2006 08:55 PM

I use My Knob for.........Sorry!! i mean the red knob for Cut off.
When someone who ain't got a bottle of glue comes round you say to them turn that red knob,it makes them feel like there making abit of music.

Khazul 16.03.2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The girl next door
When someone who ain't got a bottle of glue comes round you say to them turn that red knob,it makes them feel like there making abit of music.

LOL - thats actually a good idea sticking on the cutoff - I have a DJ friend who is not very synth savy - be alot easier to just tell her to crank the red knob .. hmmm - on second thoughts... :wink: