The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   OS 3.0 not working (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=30351)

soundsubs 15.01.2009 09:49 PM

OS 3.0 not working

Ok.
So i upgraded to 3.0.0--- upgrade appeared to go fine. I can see the new distortions, new splash screen, everything is fine.
i opened Sonar 8 and tried the plugin--- it said it was disconnected.
i also noticed the midi (via usb) is no longer working. everything appears fine in WINXP. I have unistalled/reinstalled a few times and rebooted.

hmmmm i thought. so i tried to re-upgrade and the firmware upgrade didnt re-do. im not sure how to put it into OS update mode.

should i downgrade, then re-upgrade?
has anyone else had this issue with 3.0.0?

thanks in advance.
---shane

suzzymackenzie 15.01.2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundsubs (Post 285541)
has anyone else had this issue with 3.0.0?

Yep, me.
I'm using Vista. My hardware has been upgraded fine, the new fx are all working etc, but inside Cubase 4 VirusControl just reports that my TI is not connected, and neither MIDI nor audio are being transmitted thru USB. The Virus Control Center just hunts fruitlessly for my physically connected TI, and disconnecting the USB cable sometimes crashes Windows completely. :(

Pighood 15.01.2009 10:07 PM

Just turned my TI into the shop to see if it's a hardware failure that I STILL CAN'T FCUKING UPGRADE AT ALL. :(

soundsubs 15.01.2009 10:36 PM

dang. sorry all.

i really appreciate access making this upgrade (they are listening to us!)
but now it looks like a few of us need to get it downgraded.

S.O.S.!

im still googling like crazy to find out how to downgrade. there has to be a way to make it boot to OS update mode

soundsubs 15.01.2009 10:39 PM

found it:
pull the POWER cable.
hold the exit button down.
plug the power cable back in.

this does it. now to downgrade.

soundsubs 15.01.2009 10:49 PM

Ok, MIDI working again.
Heres the steps i did:
1.) power off the TI (i notice satan saw is back on power off!)
2.) unplug it
3.) hold down exit
4.) plug it back in.
5.) run the unistall (start, programs, access-> unistall)
6.) this seems to put the OS update mode into "ignore" or something.

the TI reboots by itself and comes back.

now midi is working in Sonar and my TI is still at 3.0.0.0.

YMMV!

-----shane

suzzymackenzie 16.01.2009 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundsubs (Post 285546)
found it:
pull the POWER cable.
hold the exit button down.
plug the power cable back in.

That did it for me. Thanks! :)

mitchiemasha 17.01.2009 08:34 PM

mine didnt work at first. wasnt transmittin midi through usb etc.

i had to restart cubase and unplug the virus a few times then eventualy it worked.

TheHobbit 26.01.2009 06:49 AM

The problem I have is similar.

The virus will suddenly not send any audio (usb or analogue out)s eve though its receiving midi messages...all other kit is fine, however I did notice that it seemed to knock out other vsts so maybe a daw issue.

Whats the best way to use the virus purely as midi sound module and elimnate virus core? Seems to be the VC that 'could' be messing it up.

Thanks

marc 26.01.2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pighood (Post 285543)
Just turned my TI into the shop to see if it's a hardware failure that I STILL CAN'T FCUKING UPGRADE AT ALL. :(

pighood, i think the entire board knows this by now, no need to spam every single thread possible ;)

post me the serial number of your unit privately (or alternatively your email address so i can find you in our support database). i'll try to help you out.

i'm positive you unit is not physically damaged.

best, marc