The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Trouble with your Access Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   How do I record the midi notes the arpeg plays using CUBASE? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26549)

nectario 02.02.2006 10:58 PM

How do I record the midi notes the arpeg plays using CUBASE?

Guys,

Because I am having synch issues with the arpeggio, how do I get the notes the arpeggio plays into my midi editor? What do I do? I use Cubase SX 3

Thanks,

-N

diy 03.02.2006 02:32 PM

Browse through the config menu and select "arp note send".

Onkel Dunkel 03.02.2006 10:31 PM

And remember to turn MIDI thru off or the arp will play arps that will play arps etc. Very funny. Tried it myself :lol:

salman 16.02.2006 11:27 AM

no midi notes recorded with the arpeg on

:) Hi , im having the same problem too, and instead of getting all the notes the editor only draws long lines. in the config menu all the midi functions are enabled. i'm sure cubase is not the problem here because i record the arpegs fine with my jp 8000 synth. So what's with my virus classic guys?? :?:

Onkel Dunkel 17.02.2006 11:14 AM

Re: no midi notes recorded with the arpeg on

Quote:

Originally Posted by salman
:) Hi , im having the same problem too, and instead of getting all the notes the editor only draws long lines. in the config menu all the midi functions are enabled. i'm sure cubase is not the problem here because i record the arpegs fine with my jp 8000 synth. So what's with my virus classic guys?? :?:

Are you by any chance recording MIDI from your controller keyboard and not your Virus?

salman 22.02.2006 05:48 PM

Re: no midi notes recorded with the arpeg on

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Dunkel
Quote:

Are you by any chance recording MIDI from your controller keyboard and not your Virus?

salman 02.03.2006 09:46 AM

back to the arpeg

Yes i am using a controller keyboard . when i disable midi thru i get no sound. I can't figure this out :!:

Onkel Dunkel 02.03.2006 05:26 PM

Re: back to the arpeg

Quote:

Yes i am using a controller keyboard . when i disable midi thru i get no sound. I can't figure this out :!:

What i meant was if you by any chance where recording the MIDI from your controller keyboard and not your virus. Not if you used a controller keyboard. When thinking this through you will of course not get any sound when thru is of in Cubase because the keyboard won?t be troughput to your virus. Try making a track with one long note that you play back to your Virus and then record your Virus MIDI out on another track. This should work...

salman 06.03.2006 04:06 PM

Re: back to the arpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Dunkel
Quote:

What i meant was if you by any chance where recording the MIDI from your controller keyboard and not your virus. Not if you used a controller keyboard. When thinking this through you will of course not get any sound when thru is of in Cubase because the keyboard won?t be troughput to your virus. Try making a track with one long note that you play back to your Virus and then record your Virus MIDI out on another track. This should work...

Alright i'll try this out too, thanks. i've taken out my pc from the studio at the moment, and thinkin about getting a notebook. i will get back to u soon, cheers!

spikers 07.03.2006 06:58 PM

this post is refering to the virus c, ay?
cause when using virus ti, i can only get odd (1,3,5..) midi multiparts to send midi arped notes to cubase, as strange as this may seem. any1 seen this happenin?