The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   VERY STUPID QUESTION. PLEASE HELP (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25782)

GSxx83 12.09.2005 07:37 PM

Very Stupid Question. Please Help

I just bought the VIRUS C, and i cant figure out how to create multi channels.

On other modules like the X-lead, you simply select ch2, and then open up a new track in pro tools under channel 2(hence being able to play multiple sounds from the xlead at one).

I know you guys know this, but im new to this and could use assistance.

As of now, i can only use one channel out of the virus, (which is a huge waste and pitty), i want to switch to a second ..third.etc chanell..so that i can start recording using other sounds off the machine as well.

Please help me as it is greatly appreciated.

You can email me @ skoofx99@hotmail.com or reply to the post.
________
Wendie 99

vvanrij 12.09.2005 08:12 PM

You have to be in multi mode.... the manual isn't packaging material (I love that one :D)

GSxx83 12.09.2005 08:28 PM

ive tried that, but then what?..please clarify in detail.

Do i then open up another channel in pro tools? Also? how DO i slelect the channels after i press multi to assign it in pro tools? whenever i press mulit..it changes what i originall had coming out of the main (ch1) sound i was using.

if u can simplify this, because the manual wasnt any help. I just want to assign sounds in channels.
________
Head shop

jasedee 13.09.2005 04:58 AM

You may find it easier to work in Multi-Single mode....

* Press "Multi" button twice to enter Multi-Single mode

This effectively allows you to have 16 different sounds within your PT session

*Whilst in Multi-Single mode, use the "Parameter/Bank" buttons to scroll through until you find "Select Number" or "Select bank". This allows you to choose a sound from one of the banks

* Using the "Part" buttons will allow you to choose which MIDI channel you are on (1-16)

* Set up however many MIDI channels you need in your PT session, and choose a MIDI number (1-16) to correspond to the MIDI channels in your Virus Multi.

Hope that helps...

But really....All of this is in the manual, and it would only take a little reading and experimenting to figure it out.

Good luck mate!

Jase

vvanrij 13.09.2005 06:36 AM

Ya, we are way to friendly by helping you, bitches should read em' manuals!

Tomer=Trance 13.09.2005 06:42 AM

you should use the software you got with your virus,Soundiver.
it can make multi-mode editing so much easyer and quicker.

jasedee 13.09.2005 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij
Ya, we are way to friendly by helping you, bitches should read em' manuals!

Thats a little rough mate! Lets try and keep this place friendly, we dont want to scare people away

:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
you should use the software you got with your virus,Soundiver.

Sound Diver is a cool program, but alot of people seem to have issues with it. I work with it on Mac OSX10.3 and it works great for me. The full version works well I hear.

If you need any more help feel free to ask!

Jase

GSxx83 14.09.2005 03:24 PM

when i press multi twice...nothing happens...BUTTT if i hold it down, i get a different screen. but still...the bank/paramter buttons dont modify anything in that mode. I onyl get results in single mode..with 1 ch :(

im getting so frustrated....someone please help
________
Prilosec lawsuites

vvanrij 14.09.2005 03:28 PM

I don't know in what way you got your virus, but if you don't have a manual, you know its free to download it from the internet? Its litterily in the first 10 pages, and you just keep asking!

-VR

GSxx83 14.09.2005 06:07 PM

well, my virus was used from sam ash. No manual, and i do keep asking, because even after the nice guy above decribed what to do, i couldnt figure it out. He said press multi twice. Nothing happens...but when i hold multi down..it changes up.But then when i press the paramter/bank keys - nothing moves.
________
METH REHAB FORUM