The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   The forum members' music (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   here is my first track (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=23955)

hatembr 23.10.2003 02:35 PM

here is my first track

here is my first track!
goa style, 100% virus C except the drums, voice samples and the choir at the beginning and in the break (that was from Angelina VSTi)

http://www.soundclick.com/cosmiclogic

i need tons of comments guys!!!!!

Juho L 23.10.2003 02:46 PM

Sounds very good! Maybe could get a bit better if you would add some more EFX on the background.

hatembr 23.10.2003 02:48 PM

yeah i thought about that, i find it is a bit hard to make different wierd fx

hatembr 23.10.2003 02:52 PM

and thanks juho :wink:

Juho L 23.10.2003 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatembr
i find it is a bit hard to make different wierd fx

Select Init patch. Control menu -> Ramdon patch -> Set depth to 64 -> press store and test the sound, if you don't like it press store again. Repeat the process until you have a good patch or the patch has ultra high feedback flanger or nasty resonance on filters (in this case load the Init patch again and start randomizaion again).

Caution: Don't use high volume, because if the random patch strikes with high feedback flanger, you'll get really loud sound and you don't want to break your speakers and your ears.

hatembr 23.10.2003 03:04 PM

thanks, i never used the random function, i think now it's time ;)

Hollowcell 24.10.2003 12:37 AM

as u probably know by now, its not really the style of music i like....but ill try to be objective.

the intro is really cool, specially like the effects on that vocal in the intro!

everything b 4 the one minute mark i really like...but i couldnt really get into that lead sound that comes in at the 1 min 5 secs mark..after it desapears the track picks up IMO...

i like the sound that comes in at 2min 34...nice driving sound, and it fits really well!

4min 16: nice break down to those cool vocals again! i like this part...really nice dark atmosphere! u definately seem to have the trancie structure pretty much under control...

4min 55 (or so)...like this new sound u have there...creates a groove and is a great contrast to the dense reverb here! also that lead sound at 6 minutes is pretty nice too..everything fits really well in this section!!

well put together track!

the only gripes i have are: its very predictable. as most songs in this style seem to be these days..theres nothing really out of the ordinary.......thats my personal opinion though..

and the 2/4 clap seems to sit a little far forward...(but i as listening on headphones today)...

thanks for the listen hatembr!

hatembr 24.10.2003 11:55 AM

thanks a lot hollowcell!! very constructive! i'll keep all this in mind! i think i still have a long way to go :)

Hollowcell 18.01.2004 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatembr
i think i still have a long way to go :)

ive taken a few more listens recently hatembr as it pops up in my play list everynow and again....i dont think u have a long way to go...u have nailed it with this genre....

but i still stick to my earlier comments though....something out of the ordinary would spice this tune up heaps..

keep the tracks coming!

hatembr 21.01.2004 07:30 AM

oh i'm glad u put it in your playlist hollowcell!! :P
as far as the spice go, i'll take a listen to it again when i get my new monitors!!! :) i ordered M1 active, i'll remix it entirely and see what i can change in it, as it will sound ... different.
for the incoming tunes, i already have 3 new i just started, but i'm also waiting for the monitors.... i'll post a link as soon as i finish them!! :wink: