The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Arpeggio displays wrong in VC? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26613)

Sleepwalker 14.02.2006 03:33 PM

Arpeggio displays wrong in VC?

When I want to edit the arpeggio pattern from an arpeggio preset, the display in VC always shows a "clean" pattern.

Have someone got this to work? Id like to modify what i hear!

VC 1.09, with Live 5.03

PS. moderators, is this a General or a Problem thread? just so I know till next time! Im not shure where to put it, but I tend to hang around the General, so I post here by defult! :P

The girl next door 14.02.2006 06:28 PM

Re: Arpeggio displays wrong in VC?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepwalker
Have someone got this to work? Id like to modify what i hear!

If you put the Pattern setting to user then Put the mode setting onto any other setting than off.. Then move around the red Bars within the Pattern Editor(All within the Virus control-APR)..Press a Key and see what happens. If you don't get what i'm on about then download "The girl next door" soundset http://virus.info/downloads.php4?pro...irustikeyboard and look at the HouseApr Patches and how they were made...

ten 14.02.2006 08:33 PM

He wants to edit the arp from one of the exisiting ready made patterns.

IIRC Access has said because the existing arp presets (bought over from the previous virus's) were created using a different method, they are infact uncompatible with the TIs way of editing them. In short, you cannot load or edit any of them in any way at all.

ten

Sleepwalker 15.02.2006 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ten

IIRC Access has said because the existing arp presets (bought over from the previous virus's) were created using a different method, they are infact uncompatible with the TIs way of editing them. In short, you cannot load or edit any of them in any way at all.

ten

Ajaja, that says it all. But what about the Ti spesific arps? They behave the same way; invisible! In fact all the arps on the Ti is invisible! And you cant meen to say they where all imported from previous virus presets?

OK, im clicking through all the arps while viewing the VC arp interface. I found one! RomC 0! But all the arps from Ram A-D an Rom A-B contains invisible arps.

This demands investigation! Here we go: from the 360 arp presets in the Ti, theece are the only ones thats visible:

ROM-C 0, ROM-C-126, ROM-H 71, ROM-N 58

So theres 4 Ti arps, and 356 Virus C or older arps? :lol:

ben crosland 15.02.2006 09:02 AM

Quote:

what about the Ti spesific arps?

There are the 64 arp patterns from the B/C series + 1 user arp available per patch. There are no 'TI specific' preset patterns.

There are only one or two presets which employ the user arp so far, yes.

marc 15.02.2006 08:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ten

ten

Ajaja, that says it all. But what about the Ti spesific arps? They behave the same way; invisible! In fact all the arps on the Ti is invisible! And you cant meen to say they where all imported from previous virus presets?

OK, im clicking through all the arps while viewing the VC arp interface. I found one! RomC 0! But all the arps from Ram A-D an Rom A-B contains invisible arps.

This demands investigation! Here we go: from the 360 arp presets in the Ti, theece are the only ones thats visible:

ROM-C 0, ROM-C-126, ROM-H 71, ROM-N 58

i guess the point about doing your own arp patterns is to create something that goes with your music. for somebody who creates patches, this in not that important and therefore it's likely that most patches use preset arp patterns.

best, marc

The girl next door 15.02.2006 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben crosland
Quote:

what about the Ti spesific arps?

There are the 64 arp patterns from the B/C series + 1 user arp available per patch. There are no 'TI specific' preset patterns.

There are only one or two presets which employ the user arp so far, yes.

I use the User APR all the Time, designing me own Shit....Its amazing some of the stuff you can do with it.JUST AMAZING.....On my third soundset :wink: ....

dries 16.02.2006 08:10 AM

can I use the display as a kind of pattern sequencer too?