The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Virus Control 16 channels full usage? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=30820)

altunamusic 09.04.2009 02:59 PM

Virus Control 16 channels full usage?

Halo guys,

Just curious... does anyone here use the whole 16 channel for your track?

Sometimes when i bounce the sound out, it clips...
Is it the fault of using too much channel?

Can anyone explain?

Thanks before..

Din

Cantankerous 09.04.2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altunamusic (Post 288757)
Halo guys,

Just curious... does anyone here use the whole 16 channel for your track?

Sometimes when i bounce the sound out, it clips...
Is it the fault of using too much channel?

Can anyone explain?

Thanks before..

Din

You will be lucky to get 3-4 working without issues simultaneously. Much more than that and the DSP's just run out of juice and you will start to get crackles, pops, dropped notes etc.

If you run very basic patches in terms of complexity, or all INIT patches for that matter you will surely get more than 3-4 :p

Soarer 10.04.2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous (Post 288759)
You will be lucky to get 3-4 working without issues simultaneously. Much more than that and the DSP's just run out of juice and you will start to get crackles, pops, dropped notes etc.

If you run very basic patches in terms of complexity, or all INIT patches for that matter you will surely get more than 3-4 :p

Are you sure about this??? Do you use TI2?
It's said to be able to run 16 patches simultaneously...
I want to buy the TI2 Desktop.

Raphie 10.04.2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soarer (Post 288797)
Are you sure about this??? Do you use TI2?
It's said to be able to run 16 patches simultaneously...
I want to buy the TI2 Desktop.

No way..... 3-5 complex FX'ed patches MAXIMUM (3 chorded, 5 mono)

plaid_emu 10.04.2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raphie (Post 288798)
No way..... 3-5 complex FX'ed patches MAXIMUM (3 chorded, 5 mono)

Any more than that and your mix will probably sound cluttered and shitty anyway. The beauty is being able to have up to sixteen different workable sounds in one composition without having to do program changes. It's especially useful for live work or creative improve jams.

Soarer 10.04.2009 02:24 PM

Aw sh** man what is all the 16 slots for then? I thought it would run 8-10 at least... I'm pretty disappointed. You use TI2 with the 25% extra power?

What about Snow. Can it run the 4 patches or how many?

Soarer 10.04.2009 02:27 PM

Ah ok saw your message now plaid

Soarer 10.04.2009 04:20 PM

You use TI2 with the 25% extra power?

What about Snow. Can it run the 4 patches?

mkline 13.04.2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soarer (Post 288806)
You use TI2 with the 25% extra power?

What about Snow. Can it run the 4 patches?

If you don't have too many fingers, I guess it should handle 4 Ini patches ;)

Joke aside, I'm a "little" disappointed by my TI2Polar and the very limited number of patches/voices that it can play without crackles :(

Especially the crackles, I don't mind loosing voices, but hearing crackles on hardware is really cheap, imo.

mitchiemasha 13.04.2009 08:21 PM

It is a massive shame. I want to sell mine and buy the ti2. that extra 25% would do well for me. then again I should be use to it as my nord and my ks only have 4 parts anyway.

the ti pluggin makes me want to just use it for my entire track. now I've used it I cant live with out it and rarely turn to my other equipment. unfortunatly I have to.

The total intergration idea was deffos a good one. roll on the day we can have a full 16 tracks of complex virus sounds all in the mix, from 1 keyboard and totaly intergrated.