The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Is a Classic enough? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24984)

soulidstate 28.12.2004 06:36 AM

Is a Classic enough?

I have a Korg Triton Extreme and I want to team it up with a Virus. Will a Classic be enough given that it only has 24 voices?

I do house, progressive,deep house and chillout.

jasedee 28.12.2004 07:33 AM

I would look at a C series for sure.....Prices are quite low, and I think u will get more from a C series Virus.

Im not too familiar with the B series, but I think the classic does not come with the Mini-Moog analogue filters, which absolutely rock!

I would say get a C series, but u may find that the Classic is sufficient for what you want to do.

Good luck with your choice, and remember, any Virus is better than No Virus ;)

Cheers,

Jase

Hollowcell 28.12.2004 11:48 AM

I say buy a second hand C now!

The prices may go up once people realize the TIs are full of bugs. Better to get in early before the release I say. :wink:

Note* The above comments are written out of spite and jealousy. I do not have any idea about the stability of the TIs, nor do I care as I can not afford one anyway. :D

AlexHall74 28.12.2004 02:52 PM

Quote:

Hollowcell wrote:
Note* The above comments are written out of spite and jealousy. I do not have any idea about the stability of the TIs, nor do I care as I can not afford one anyway.
Nice disclaimer HC!

Spite and jealousy are emotions of paramount importance to human psychological health. :wink:

HAH!!!

-AlexHall74

Tomer=Trance 28.12.2004 06:11 PM

second hand c's are rather cheap no that the new polar ti is out
you should try picking one of thos.

Hollowcell 29.12.2004 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexHall74

Spite and jealousy are emotions of paramount importance to human psychological health. :wink:

HAH!!!

-AlexHall74

As long as you react on your spite and jealousy, then you are a healthy human being (mentaly). Keeping it all bottled up inside until you eventually break is a problem.

How many of you out there are dreaming of writting a malicious new OS for the TI owners to DL unaware, that will render their TIs completely useless? This is not healthy thinking. :D

soulidstate 29.12.2004 12:15 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I've been wanting to get a 2nd hand C but the only option I have is ebay which is quite riskly IMO. There's only a handful of sellers shipping worldwide and we don't have paypal in our country. :(

The reason why I wanted a Classic is I can get a b-stock from a legit online store....Hmmm, I think I will have to wait for the right opportunity for a C then.

wildbill 29.12.2004 12:52 AM

Re: Is a Classic enough?

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulidstate
I have a Korg Triton Extreme and I want to team it up with a Virus. Will a Classic be enough given that it only has 24 voices?

I do house, progressive,deep house and chillout.

i have a 'classic' and also a C keyboard.

if you just want the 'virus sound', the classic will do just fine.
the c has a few more voices, eq per sound, the moog filter, and a couple other goodies.
but the classic has all the essentials, sounds VERY good, is available as a new unit (with warranty), and is a pretty good deal.
i'm pretty sure you'd be very happy with a classic.

cheesy 29.12.2004 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasedee
Good luck with your choice, and remember, any Virus is better than No Virus ;)

Except when that virus is herpies 8O

Onkel Dunkel 29.12.2004 08:08 AM

I had the same considerations of a Classic or second hand B vs. a C. I ended up with buying a new C and i?m happy i did (except the fact that 3 months later they anounced the TI). Mostly because of the 32 voices (instead of 24) and the Moog filter. If you are going to have a lot of tracks with unison and the 3rd osc. in use i would go for the C (or even better if you can afford the TI).