The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Expected TI shipping (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24935)

grimleyj 08.01.2005 12:27 AM

Jaisus H Christ guys!!!!!
Give Marc a break ... I can't see anyone from Korg or Roland posting on an unoffical user forum like this never mind reading it.
And look at all the info that has been posted on the Access site regarding the TI ... what have Korg given us on there new monstrosity ... a few thumbnails. Marc, ignore these idiots, take 6 months if you need it to get the TI perfected.
-grimley

ten 08.01.2005 01:02 AM

Fuck korg and roland...the whole reason I and others are bleeting on is because we love access's usual exceptional customer treatment, which just seems to be wavering in this release of the TI (maybe weve been spoilt?)

On a side note the korg hasnt been announced at all, the TI has. We can only wait andl see if korg stick to thier shipping dates and/or release detailed info, mp3 clips when the time comes.

ten

Smag 09.01.2005 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ten
But why on earth can you not give us any more usefull information, pictures of the hardware/software or mp3 teasers?
ten

Because this drip-drip of information is the right way to confuse people. A product like this has to be "launched" rather than entering the market by the back door.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ten
You're a good lad, Marc. I love the Virus, its an amazing synth and I know access want to and WILL make a great product when it finally arrives. But this being kept in the dark crap really stinks and you should seriously send word to someone higher up the chain that a lot people are not happy about this at all.
ten

Handbags at 10 paces :lol:

markorbit 10.01.2005 12:31 AM

Was the announcement forced on Access?

OK I'm bored. I just wonder... a few days before Access announced the TI on the website info had been found on another site which gave a lot of info about the TI range. It was hot news and spread through synth forums. Access then announced very shortly after and confirmed a December launch and so I sold my C and put an order on the TI like many others :lol: Did they have to play their hand early due to the info leak elsewhere?

As already mentioned on here it may now be that Access waits for NAMM :(

Which would give them more time to catch any bugs I suppose. Had I known this I think I would have waited for NAMM too :wink:

Oh, and the reason Access haven't posted any MP3s yet is we will only bitch about them. :lol: Anyway Access are one of the better companies who know how to support their products and long may it continue.

DIGITAL SCREAMS 10.01.2005 01:58 AM

The guys from Access dont have to post here or read here....but they do. Its time to give them a break. Its obvious they are doing what they can......im happy with that.

More info, MP3's and updates in general would be nice.....but my life will not come to an end if it doesnt happen anytime soon. Just hang tight and let them do the business.....

DS

Merlot 10.01.2005 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
The guys from Access dont have to post here or read here....but they do. Its time to give them a break. Its obvious they are doing what they can......im happy with that.

No they dont, and you are right. I think everybody is a "little" ancy and tired of waiting. The fact is how many companies announce products, and aren't heard from again for 2 months.

Question for you guys is: do you think waiting til NAMM to ship will sway potential buyers to other synths that are announced?

I am not going anywhere, just wondering everyone elses opinion.

scr 10.01.2005 04:29 AM

Acces surely knows if the Ti will be soon ready ( 1 or 2 weeks) or if it will take months....
Acces come to this forum to say " We work hard ...." They don't have to do it so it 's nice from them.
But I think it's normal they work hard. Do you really think Acces are taking hollidays ?

Acces writes in this forum to calm people down. but it doesn't 'work'. On the contrary, we learn nothing new. So people feels like acces flouts them.
It seems to say 'c'mon guys the TI is not ready at all, you'll have to wait forever....sorry but we post on this forum so be cool ok ?). :lol:

But Im agree on a fact. Mp3, or Manual are no use at this time. It would be like a sort of compensation, a strategy to make people wait.

When you look at the delay, we cannott say the we have waited so long.
A little delay is nothing, but please don't let us in the expectation because it s the worst thing on earth, and its not honest for those who have pre-ordered their TI and who don't know when they receive it, and it doesn't suit with such a prestigious brand.

As you said before, Acces are the only ones who know, So please tell us more.

Waooo ...what a long post.... I should write novel instead of making music :)

Please people from Acceswho reads and posts on this forum, don't take it personnaly (Marc or anyone else).
Thanks

mcoyote 10.01.2005 03:54 PM

Quote:

...The fact is how many companies announce products, and aren't heard from again for 2 months...
Many. Most large ones, maybe all of them in IT.

Quote:

...do you think waiting til NAMM to ship will sway potential buyers to other synths that are announced?...
I would think so. If there are going to be meaningful introductions there, no sense being last week's news.

Bjorktribe 10.01.2005 04:32 PM

Just to jump in with some waiting experience. When I ordered my X Station (which at the time was ReMote 25 Audio) I waited THREE months for it to arrive! Mostly because what I had originaly bought was a K Station, Only to find out that they sold me a Discontinued product that I could no longer get. So i was comped with the Xstation being assured that with 'a download online, I could turn it into a K station synth AND remote keyboard. Well the download for it was not ready for another THREE months after I got it. That's three months that the synth engine inside lay dormant and noteless. That was the most painful wait i've ever had to go through. The swelling in my head has stopped since then.

I'm thinking that Access is up to please everybody. My sales rep also told me that mine should ship by Feb 11. fingers crossed.

Merlot 10.01.2005 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcoyote
Many. Most large ones, maybe all of them in IT.

Ok, let me rephrase. How many companies announce music products and are heard from for over 2 months now? No sounds, no updates, no progress reports. It rarely happens if that. The least companies do is post sound examples to keep buyers at bay. The product was announced to ship in December.

Nigel Harkness 10.01.2005 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bjorktribe
My sales rep also told me that mine should ship by Feb 11. fingers crossed.

Where did your order your TI from?

SoundzplastikSurgeon 10.01.2005 09:07 PM

feb 11 ? 8O Nooooo.....!!!!!.....ooooooo....... :cry:

On top of that I am waiting for Reason 3.0, at least they gave us some mp3 since november 04, ....

feb 11 ? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo it can't be true.....

MADSTATION 10.01.2005 09:24 PM

Woah feb 11...it's in a little while!

Time will tell ;)
I have confidence in Access...
However, I kinda wish I waited before preordering a TI.

I'm kinda curious what the other companies will come up with @ NAMM!

inasense 10.01.2005 09:28 PM

Somebody is at it again. Posting a bogus Access Virus TI on ebay! Man I really hate those scammers. I already emailed all of the individuals that are bidding and notified ebay about the seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...775019016&rd=1

Bjorktribe 11.01.2005 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Harkness
Where did your order your TI from?

www.sweetwater.com
The best place to shop for music gear in the US. :)

Nigel Harkness 11.01.2005 01:26 PM

Bjorktribe: that is where I ordered mine aswell but my sales rep can't seem to give me a date. He told me they should be shippin by the 7th of January. I e-mailed him yesterday asking if he knew if it would still be shipping on the 7th and he said that "it is to early to tell".

blay 11.01.2005 01:55 PM

i think the very latest we will receive an update from access will be at the start of winter namm in 8 days time.

sit tight kids :wink:

Nigel Harkness 11.01.2005 06:33 PM

I actually pretty over the fact that i've bought it. It almost seems like I haven't bought it.......this is actually good because whenever I get it I will be psyched but until then i'm just going to forget about it!

Bjorktribe 11.01.2005 06:55 PM

I'm not over that fact yet. I'm a sophomore college student at a recording tech school (we just put in an IKON board, by the way) and i generally live off Top Ramen, Burger king and frozen dinners at work. Buying this Keyboard sealed the diet for another few months. I'm so damn excited to use it though!

Maybe when my sales rep told me, he was already thinking ahead to NAMM. I hadn't realized that it was so close!

SoundzplastikSurgeon 11.01.2005 07:12 PM

How much did you pay for it at sweetwater ?

Smag 11.01.2005 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blay
i think the very latest we will receive an update from access will be at the start of winter namm in 8 days time.

I hope you're right Blay

Nigel Harkness 11.01.2005 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundzplastikSurgeon
How much did you pay for it at sweetwater ?

I talked my sales rep. to $1650.

Nigel Harkness 11.01.2005 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bjorktribe
I'm not over that fact yet. I'm a sophomore college student at a recording tech school (we just put in an IKON board, by the way) and i generally live off Top Ramen, Burger king and frozen dinners at work. Buying this Keyboard sealed the diet for another few months. I'm so damn excited to use it though!

Maybe when my sales rep told me, he was already thinking ahead to NAMM. I hadn't realized that it was so close!

Where do you go to school for this?

Merlot 11.01.2005 08:55 PM

Quote:

Is that for the desktop?

Bjorktribe 11.01.2005 09:17 PM

Quote:

Where do you go to school for this?

http://www.nescom.edu
New England School of Communications In Bangor, Maine. The Audio engineering program is about 50 students from audio 1-4. There are Pro-tools mastering classes available after that and they tend to only have about 25 students. You get 3 hour personal lab times and the group labs averave about 8 people. We visit Gateway Mastering in Portland, Maine every semester after Freshman year. If only they taught Sound Synthesis. . .
[/url]

Unfortunatly, Since the IKON was put in over winter break, its not on the website yet :(

Nigel Harkness 12.01.2005 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlot
Quote:

Is that for the desktop?

Yes, I talked them down because I ordered a C and they accidentially sent it to another guy who ordered a classic. I waited 3 weeks and told thme I would just buy it somewhere else or they could cut me a deal on the TI desktop.

grimleyj 12.01.2005 04:58 AM

Thanks for contacting us regarding the Access Access Virus TI Desktop; it is on sale at NovaMusik for the special low price of $1,595.00 and we don't charge sales tax if you live outside of Wisconsin!

To order, follow this link http://novamusik.com/search.aspx?key...d=9&type=Model or for more info please do not hesitate to call us TOLL FREE 1-877-290-6682, 10AM to 6PM Monday-Friday and Noon to 5PM on Saturdays.. our goal is to help you find the right gear at the right price. Thanks again- we look forward to hearing from you,

NovaMusik crew.

SoundzplastikSurgeon 12.01.2005 12:00 PM

I talked them down to $ 1,595 @ sweetwater, mentioning Nova musik's price.

blay 12.01.2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smag
Quote:

Originally Posted by blay

I hope you're right Blay

i hope so too... :roll:

dries 12.01.2005 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundzplastikSurgeon
I talked them down to $ 1,595 @ sweetwater, mentioning Nova musik's price.

huh? thats about ?1.250

WTF?

and we pay ?1.650 in europe!

are they price-dumping in the US or what!

not very happy about that. :evil:

SoundzplastikSurgeon 12.01.2005 03:26 PM

this is for the desktop model.

SoundzplastikSurgeon 12.01.2005 03:31 PM

In the US, competition is fierce. Almost any reseller now will match the lowest price you can find around.

Sleepwalker 12.01.2005 04:28 PM

Dear Kim,

Forwarding the mail from Access on the delivery schedule:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: New Product News : Virus TI
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:16:13 +0100

Hallo Umesh - Not before mid-Feb, unfortunately. Best - Mike

----- Original Message -----
To: "Michael Carroll"
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 5:50 AM
Subject: Re: New Product News : Virus TI

> Dear Mike,
>
> Is the new Virus T1 5 octave version and the 37 key version available.
>
> We are discussing with a customer for the same ( two customers and both
> of them have asked me what is the delivery schedule of them).
>
> Let me know the same
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> for S.U.N. Media

> Umesh

SoundzplastikSurgeon 12.01.2005 04:47 PM

8O :cry:

markorbit 12.01.2005 08:43 PM

mid-feb

eh? No TI till mid-Feb? That's a bit more than December when announced back in November.

I think some public announcement from Access would be welcome for those who placed the order back in November.

Merlot 12.01.2005 09:01 PM

Re: mid-feb

Quote:

Originally Posted by markorbit
I think some public announcement from Access would be welcome for those who placed the order back in November.

Dont hold your breath! I would expect to hear something on 20 Jan 05, the day winter NAMM starts.

Smag 12.01.2005 10:23 PM

I'd be suprised if Access don't release it during Winter Namm as it's one of the best opportunities of the year from a sales point of view. It's my birthday on 21st Jan so I also think Access must be waiting for that.

Merlot, where the f**k do you find those Avatars?

scr 12.01.2005 11:23 PM

Maybe Acces stay silent because they are about to release the Ti and they want to make you a suprise for your birthday.

Nice present isn't it ?

but they Maybe wait for th enamm to say it' won't be ship beofr mid-march .....

Maybe I hsould shut up cause I know Nothin' about it And I go mad with it ....

Merlot 13.01.2005 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smag
I'd be suprised if Access don't release it during Winter Namm as it's one of the best opportunities of the year from a sales point of view.

Well, look at it this way. If they dont release it at NAMM, we will at least get to hear what the new stuff will sound like. If we dont even get to hear what it sounds like, it might be a good idea to take your money and run. That probably means that the integration is totally F*&#ed up and nowhere near release.

Quote:

Merlot, where the f**k do you find those Avatars?
I find them all over the net. This new one is my favorite one I have ever found. NIN!

blay 13.01.2005 12:00 PM

Re: mid-feb

Quote:

Originally Posted by markorbit
eh? No TI till mid-Feb? That's a bit more than December when announced back in November.

I think an *official* statement from Access is long overdue.
I preordered this thing on the 10th November and havent heard a thing since.
Now i hear news that it wont ship until MID FEB?
How do i know that when mid feb rolls around it wont be pushed back AGAIN....
Others here know what i have gone through to make myself financial for this release, and just how much i have lost in the process - up until this point I have been quite patient and level headed but to tell you the truth i am starting to get a little *annoyed*.
I understand Access is working very hard to release a polished product - all I want to know is WHERE THINGS ARE UP TO.

C'mon Access - Im prepared to wait until NAMM for an official statement - but if it is any later than that I think i might look at buying up on some of the cheap kc's that have been appearing on the market. How would I know the TI *sounds* any better?

i wish access all the best with the release - i just hope they can be courteous enough to let preorder customers know where things are up to.

cheers

blay