The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Expected TI shipping (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24935)

MarcTale 16.04.2005 06:41 PM

Sorry!!! Blackfield.de was meant!!!

Regards

MarcTale

CJ 16.04.2005 08:38 PM

just noticed something exciting. could be false alarm though.

thomann state the release date to be set to "30.04.2005"
they haven?t posted an expected release date until now.

F5D 16.04.2005 09:58 PM

ThI Access Oasys will ship in 2015. Go and buy your ex-C's back. :wink:

EnjoyRC 17.04.2005 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcTale
Access said they will ship the TI within the next 2 weeks.

Still sounds like that 4/27-4/29 date posted earlier.

Oh wait... we're suppose to be acting like it doesn't exist, never been announced, so we'll simply be surprised when it's shipped. :D

rekkon@digilog 17.04.2005 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnjoyRC
Quote:

Access said they will ship the TI within the next 2 weeks.

Still sounds like that 4/27-4/29 date posted earlier.

Oh wait... we're suppose to be acting like it doesn't exist, never been announced, so we'll simply be surprised when it's shipped. :D

THANK U ACCESS i have waited so long for the ti that i just couldnt wait

SO I BOUGHT AN EMU 6400ULTRA hardware rules

christmas anyone?

Fumer 17.04.2005 09:42 AM

However, if you look at novamusik.com on the scrolling text bar on the Access page if says: Access Virus TI ETA Update...word from inside Access is the beta testing is "now in the final stages". The best we can forecast is a late May ETA.

That late May part wasn't there earlier, so.......yikes. In the poll I did say May 30th, so we'll see what happens.

Fumer 17.04.2005 09:54 AM

Yet ZZsounds.com Has: More expected 04/29/2005.
Preorder today.

and samedaymusic.com: Order now -- expected in our warehouse 04/29/2005.

americanmusical.com: Available: 4/29/2005

*shrug* your guess is as good as mine. Novamusik, to me, is the more trustworthy out of them though.

MarcTale 17.04.2005 10:38 AM

Audiomensch.com even says : Available April, 15th 2005

http://www.audiomensch.com/oxid.php/...us-TI-DESKTOP/

Shipping within 2-5 days.

Regards

MarcTale

P.S.: It might be available earlier in Germany/Europe...

blay 17.04.2005 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fumer
Novamusik, to me, is the more trustworthy out of them though.

Haha!

Back in late Nov 04 nova stated the the TI would be shipping in 4-6 days.
This prompted me to contact access for confirmation - and in turn access gave them a nice verbal slap on the wrist for their false advertising :roll:

It has been said before, but i will say it again....

WHEN IT IS SHIPPING IT WILL SAY SO ON THE ACCESS WEBSITE.

until then, word from distributors - or even any of the 'i am employed by access but i dont actually know anything' lemmings - is purely speculation

cheers

blay

blay 17.04.2005 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fumer
In the poll I did say May 30th, so we'll see what happens.

the poll you are referring to was on Virus TI Forums - for those who have no idea what Fumer was talking about :wink:

here is a link to the poll:

http://virusti.com/forum/index.php?a...0860f33603e7e7

cheers

blay

DIGITAL SCREAMS 17.04.2005 01:26 PM

Arrgghh...its just depressing hearing about May 30th, April 15th, May this and June that. Its sending me fecking nuts.

Distributors are sending out false info....purely to whip up some pre-orders and keep existing customers happy. It sucks.....

When the TI is ready...Access will inform us. The problem for me....is that if this doesnt happen soon....I will have spent the money on something else. Its very difficult keeping ?1500 set aside when all you wanna do is spend it on something you enjoy.....

DS

blay 17.04.2005 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Its very difficult keeping ?1500 set aside when all you wanna do is spend it on something you enjoy.....

DS

I know what you mean DS.

My bank account is only $400 over the amount i need for my TI - and the company I work for hasnt confirmed anymore contracts for weeks....

needless to say i am slightly frustrated with the situation.

cheers

blay

DIGITAL SCREAMS 17.04.2005 02:04 PM

Im taking some time off this forum.....probably about 4 weeks. I need to chill out (got uni exams and waiting for the TI is sending me nuts). So can you guys do me a favour. Email me when the TI comes out lol :wink:

DS

DIGITAL SCREAMS 17.04.2005 02:09 PM

Look at this thread....

11,000 views and over 400 responses. This is the biggest thread ive ever seen seen on *any* internet forum.

DS

Juho L 17.04.2005 02:16 PM

Quote:

11,000 views and over 400 responses. This is the biggest thread ive ever seen seen on *any* internet forum.

The first off topic thread in muusikoiden.net. Over 25000 posts. That same thread got eventually locked up because it was so massive that it slowed down the server and even caused it to crash. But that was the best thread I've ever seen. Lot's of great ideas were born there.

blay 17.04.2005 02:26 PM

Quote:

So can you guys do me a favour. Email me when the TI comes out lol :wink:

DS

hehe no prob DS :lol:

cheers

blay

MarcTale 17.04.2005 02:49 PM

The Joke-Thread in German keyboads.de forum has 3040 replies and over 166210 views.
It lasts for over 3 years now.

http://forum.keyboards.de/forum-cgi/...600&Re=0&Ru=27

New world record I think ...

MarcTale

Juho L 17.04.2005 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juho L
The first off topic thread in muusikoiden.net. Over 25000 posts. That same thread got eventually locked up because it was so massive that it slowed down the server and even caused it to crash. But that was the best thread I've ever seen. Lot's of great ideas were born there.

I checked this thing out. 25,000 posts was an underestimation. 70,012 is the exact number. A joke thread with 3040 replies is a joke compared to our own mammoth creation. I'm really proud of that beast.

I don't know how many views that thread got because there are no view counter in muusikoiden.net (if assumed that it has same post/view ratio as that joke thread, there would be about 3,827,860 views).

Timo 17.04.2005 04:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I checked this thing out. 25,000 posts was an underestimation. 70,012 is the exact number. A joke thread with 3040 replies is a joke compared to our own mammoth creation. I'm really proud of that beast.

I don't know how many views that thread got because there are no view counter in muusikoiden.net (if assumed that it has same post/view ratio as that joke thread, there would be about 3,827,860 views).

What was the topic? The usual crappy word-association threads that inhabit pretty much every forum usually run on, literally, forever.

The longest thread I know (which had a proper subject/discussion, as opposed to jokes or word-association) was The "P-p-p-powerbook" thread which got absolutely massive airplay.

technomonster 17.04.2005 04:05 PM

actually,

i spoke to a highly respected psychic.

he said June 20th.

So June 20th it is.

Juho L 17.04.2005 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timo
What was the topic? The usual crappy word-association threads that inhabit pretty much every forum usually run on, literally, forever.

The topic was off topicism, which meant that it was more like an IRC discussion.

Quote:

The longest thread I know (which had a proper subject/discussion, as opposed to jokes or word-association) was The "P-p-p-powerbook" thread which got absolutely massive airplay.
That was classic!

DIGITAL SCREAMS 17.04.2005 05:31 PM

That is an insane number of posts....just amazing lol

DS :lol:

blay 17.04.2005 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Ash Music
Availability: Due In 3 to 7 Days.

:roll:

yeah we'll soon see.....

cheers

blay

technomonster 18.04.2005 04:13 AM

nope, its definately
June 20th(release date)

this psychic is really good with a great track record.

he even said that i would be famous by the end of 2009.

cant be wrong there.

Fumer 18.04.2005 07:37 AM

:?

bj2001 18.04.2005 10:23 AM

Soon or later :D
i think Musikthomann release's date is serious.

MarcTale 18.04.2005 10:24 AM

So, I just called Access (Mike Caroll) and they still have no idea when it will come out!!

So, I think that?s it for me!
I?m sick of waiting!!!

MarcTale

MADSTATION 18.04.2005 02:19 PM

Guys...How can you possibly believe a retailer's date when Access don't even know WHEN and IF the thing will ship!

DIGITAL SCREAMS 18.04.2005 03:02 PM

Will it be 2 weeks, will it be 2 days, will it be June or will it be May....know one clearly knows. How annoying....im just sick of these romours. Im so tempted to buy myself a N2x 2morrow and just wait a year or so for the TI to establish itself.

DS

Timo 18.04.2005 03:28 PM

Round and round, here it goes. Where it stops, no one knows!

CJ 18.04.2005 06:41 PM

...yeah, so I just lost a bit of the faith I had for the release date ?30.04.2005?.

According to Thomann they got this date from the German distributor, but the person I contacted said he was quite skeptic about that date.

At least I?m the 2nd customer who?ll be getting the TI as soon as they get it in stock!

blay 19.04.2005 06:16 AM

Quote:

So, I just called Access (Mike Caroll) and they still have no idea when it will come out!!

So, I think that?s it for me!
I?m sick of waiting!!!

MarcTale

I also contacted Mike Carrol yesterday regarding the release info that audiomensch and sam ash were displaying on the websites....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Carrol
Hallo Pete - The Virus TI is still not shipping, and Access have made no availability date announcement as at the time of writing. Any individual Dealer announcements are therefore not true!! Best - Mike

So - back to square one.

Quite frankly I am sick of this wild goose chase.
If it ships in May I will buy, otherwise I think a DS evolver and a lead 2x will be heading my way...

cheers

blay

ten 19.04.2005 06:42 AM

Well if gimps would stop posting here what they have been told by a distributor or what they have read on some website like it is concrete information it would not be so bad.

I loose count how many times ive said this now but muppets continue to post dates like they are solid facts regardless.....one more time for good luck....'NO ONE KNOWS WHEN IT WILL SHIP APART FROM ACCESS (and they obviously dont know yet either :) THEY WILL LET US KNOW AS SOON AS ITS READY TO SHIP. NO ONE ELSE WILL KNOW BEFORE THEN, ESPECIALLY WANKY DISTRIBUTORS WHO DONT HAVE A FUCKING CLUE'

I especially cant stand the chimps that keep saying shit like 'I have it on good authority' or 'I have information from a special source close to Access that it will be shipping on blah blah' You dont, you are talking shit, you know as much as we know and the same goes for the person who told you it.....FUCK ALL!

So please people for the love of fucking god stop posting dates that are not from Access themselves as they WILL fall through as they are bshit.

In Marcs most recent communication he said it wont be shipping before May so thats it, thats the latest news you have, nothing more. It will ship in May or after.

ten

DIGITAL SCREAMS 19.04.2005 09:43 AM

LOL Ten.....'tis true :wink:

Now c'mon guys.....no more disinformatation ur sending me fecking nuts :twisted: :lol:

DS

technomonster 19.04.2005 11:31 AM

A EnjoyRC post

Quote:

He contacted GFS, who is Access' primary distributor that brings them into the US, and he was informed by them, that arrival is now set in June.
told you.

my psychic said June 20th. putting my money on it.

ten 19.04.2005 12:07 PM

I give up :?

ten

Hollowcell 19.04.2005 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ten
Well if gimps would stop posting here what they have been told by a distributor or what they have read on some website like it is concrete information it would not be so bad.

Hehe, this is true, but in all seriousness.....

My distributor told me that Access was gunna ship the synths on May 12th, sometime between 2 and 3pm depending on the weather. What I hear is that the trucks have fresh paint and Access are worried about getting them out if it's raining.

So it all depends on the rain! You heard it here first. :D

bj2001 19.04.2005 09:31 PM

i'm hella piss
i was about to get a second hand Waldorf micro Q kb on ebay
then i change my mind
A Oberheim MX, a clavia 2X or III (i owwned it b4)
Damnn i passed the whole afternoon, lookin' the spec, listening to demo see if it fits into my set...
& i conclude the best thing would be the Access Virus TI Polar for the spec, his size, 16 part, 16 FX.
Damn it. I think i will buy a MFB Synth II cos it sounds real fat. :wink:

Fumer 20.04.2005 03:34 AM

Hey I'm not a gimp.... :roll:

Gopal 20.04.2005 03:43 AM

/me laughs at Ten banging head against wall as the gimps continue to post

:lol:

"They said it would be December '04 and I believe em"

8)