The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Does the Access Virus KC have any good piano sounds on it? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25354)

djdirtyfunk 11.04.2005 03:02 PM

Does the Access Virus KC have any good piano sounds on it?

:D

DIGITAL SCREAMS 11.04.2005 03:04 PM

(struggling to reach the keyboard to type this response)........yeah the KC is damn good at piano sounds!

DS :oops:

Wandering Kid 11.04.2005 03:14 PM

if you were to ask my opinion i would say no it doesnt. it can do an ok FM piano. but thats about it. i dont think any analogue or virtual analogue synth ever sounds even remotely like a piano. i dont think any analogue/virtual analogue type isntrument is capable of replicating any authentic acoustic instrument sound. virus pianos...just dont feel or sound like real pianos. if you want a piano sound then sample playback synths are the way to go. best thing you can do is sample every god damn key at as many velocity intervals as you can on a real piano. hence why im interested in the alesis fusion which has a piano set on it that you just cannot replicate on a virus. but then again the virus isnt really trying to physically model acoustic sound sources. or make authentic sounding pianos. its strength is analog type sounds. synthetic sounds for the most part.

MADSTATION 11.04.2005 03:27 PM

Not really!

For Piano sounds I'd suggest to go for a sample based solution, or an actual piano..Not a VA! :)

AlexHall74 11.04.2005 04:32 PM

Quote:

WK wrote:
if you want a piano sound then sample playback synths are the way to go. best thing you can do is sample every god damn key at as many velocity intervals as you can on a real piano.
A bit off topic, but I have heard that EastWest's Colossus has a Rhodes Piano patch that's smaples add up to over 3.2 GB in size!

That's a monster sample!!!

Juho L 11.04.2005 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexHall74
A bit off topic, but I have heard that EastWest's Colossus has a Rhodes Piano patch that's smaples add up to over 3.2 GB in size!

That's a monster sample!!!

Yup. Should be nice. When combined to a amp simulation it will rock. I can hardly wait to get my hands on that sample set. Damn bureaucracy is keeping my studio funds on hold for nothing...

AlexHall74 11.04.2005 05:49 PM

Quote:

Juho wrote:
Yup. Should be nice. When combined to a amp simulation it will rock. I can hardly wait to get my hands on that sample set. Damn bureaucracy is keeping my studio funds on hold for nothing...
OK, I can't help but be nosy.

What bureacracy is holding what funds up?

Are you suing someone? :twisted:

I sued an insurance company as a result of a car wreck and it took 2 years to settle so you could be in for a wait.

Just curious.....

Juho L 11.04.2005 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexHall74
What bureacracy is holding what funds up?

The factory that my dad worked for 30 years is paying me 6000 euros as "a university student pension". The process is taking loooooong. I don't know what are they doing. Probably just company's internal red tape bureaucracy stuff.

Hollowcell 12.04.2005 01:42 AM

I think you are all missing the point of this thread.

It's a joke! Hehehe, nice way to make your first post too by the way. :wink: