The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   The forum members' music (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Siggi Bitburger & Klaus Thaler Tracks (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26249)

Analog Warriors 02.12.2005 09:29 AM

Siggi Bitburger & Klaus Thaler Tracks

yeah ... hi mates - i got a new projekt with my friend from the aphorism/aphorism-tag-team/DJ Bitcrusher, namned Siggi Bitburger & Klaus Thaler ... please don't ask for the names - would be tooo hard for me to describe *lol*

ich nicht

zweiter

bowling for venlo

lekker frambozen

the new Tracks are a mix of sounds produced by vintage gear mixed with digital influrences like the mighty Virus and additional VSTis. Experimental techno meets old schoold acid ... "Zweiter" & "Bowling for Venlo" will be released on vinyl, by MIDItonal 8)

DIGITAL SCREAMS 02.12.2005 09:39 AM

Hi AW

Since most of us in here like to know about gear used.....could you please tell us a break down of what you used for each track?

Im downloading them now.....

Cheers

DS

Analog Warriors 02.12.2005 10:19 AM

okay ... no prob ;)

ich nicht - VirusB, Reaktor5, TB303 + Ibanez Overdrive (the percussions are samples)

zweiter - Reaktor5, Roland SH2, Clavia MicroMod (the percussions are samples)

103 - TB303, SH101, TR909 + TR606, Reaktor5

bowling for venlo - Reaktor5, Clavie MicroMod, TR909

lekker frambozen - VirusB, Clavia MicroMod, Reaktor5 (the percussions are samples)

all tracks are sequenced and arranged by Ableton4 and for the mastering an SPL Vitalizer MK2 (+some nice mastering plugins ... we don't like Waves plugins, so no waves maximizers a.s.o. here !) the recording interface is an EMU1620M and the mixing board is a Mackie 1604 VLZ pro :wink:

Tomer=Trance 02.12.2005 02:28 PM

Good music but i think the mixing is a bit rough.
:)

Hollowcell 02.12.2005 10:27 PM

I was wondering when we were gunna hear a few of your tunes..

Not my style of tunes, but there's heaps I like about them though.

Your distortions are great - so warm and chunky, but not over powering. You said you are using Ibanaz, which ones? I've been trying to find a UE400 in good condition for about 10 months now. I haven't had enough experinece with the individual Ibanez pedals to buy them blindly, so I'd like to know which you use.

Great kick and bass sounds - Zweiter's bass end is very cool.

Like the fusion of the digital sounds.

All up nice work.

Analog Warriors 04.12.2005 08:51 PM

thank you :)

the Ibanez Overdrive is the first one they've ever produced - there are two versions available ... in this case you should watch out for the older one

the pedal on the left, with the "Roland-SH-styled" Overdive label is the older one (from 1976) it has the balace control in the middle and the tone on the right, it has been produced in japan - the one on the right is the newer one (produced after 1977 only) ... don't know wehre it comes from - but it sounds not as raw and dirty as the older one - this version has the balance on the right and the tone control in the middle.

And ever keep in mind, these old pedals (especially overdrives and distortions) have to be used with a 9V block, u can't use an adapter to power the AC jack (with analog gear a higher tone control produces a lot of noise while in full "wet" balance) ;)

Hollowcell 04.12.2005 10:24 PM

Thanks for the info! Appriciate it. :D

EDIT: Just found a few of the older ones on the Japanese web-auctions. They aren't cheap at all are they!? 8O

Think I may have to keep an eye out on the 2nd hand junk shops instead. :cry:

MonkeyMan 05.12.2005 09:18 AM

Nice tunes. Some tracks have got that Sven Vath feel to it.

Is the SPL Vitalizer MKII hardware or software? I use to own the Mk I and it was the mutts nuts - if they have a software version I may just have to grab it!

Analog Warriors 05.12.2005 10:18 AM

@Hollowcell : they are very cheap when you compare the them to the famoust Ibanez tubescreemer series - think i paid about 40$ for mine :wink:

the SPL MK2 is hardware and it's a great tool, but don't call your MK1 mutts nuts - i have the MK1 as well and i'm using it to get more brilliance out of the my clavia micro mod ... just give it a try, get your out one and two of your virus through the MK1, than use the bypass switch to get an idea what this mutt nuts does to the sound :twisted:

MonkeyMan 05.12.2005 01:39 PM

Analogue,

German translation problem...

Mutts nutts = the dogs bollocks = very very good in English.