The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   The forum members' music (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   To everyone that hasn't posted music yet. (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25553)

ten 20.06.2005 01:28 AM

I fear after the sheer amount of hatred and lack of open mindness on this forum for my genre of music (and some other members) has stopped me from posting any of my works on here whatsoever :)

I stand (and have always stood) by the simple belife that one mans noise is another mans music, so I am open to any other persons creative expressions in this way even if I dont particularly enjoy that genre, and I wont give them a hard time for it or bleet on about the fact as others have here. I welcome listening to totally different genres, even ones I dont normally enjoy to give my own productions new ideas and originality, and to simply see what other things can be done and created.

This blatent disregard for the one thing we should all be pursuing from even some of the more 'mature' status members on this forum has stopped me from posting anything at all. I personally dont think you can give a good critical anaysis of a piece of music at all, even purely on a production level with the mindset 'god this genre is fucking shit, I cant stand this bollocks'. So I wont be posting anything here until I feel otherwise.

so there ner ner :)

ten

jasedee 20.06.2005 01:43 AM

Aw....come on Ten! We are not that bad.

Most of us are mature enough to be able to appreciate production values, and the ones that arent, well, to be able to take those criticisms with a pinch of salt will build you some character!

Sometimes, a bit of harsh reality is good, as I have recieved here at times, because, sometimes people are right in their criticisms. When I recieve a negative review of my recordings, my initial reaction is to get defensive, but then, on occassion, I have listened back to my work and realised that the negative comments were in fact true.

Constructive criticism! We all need some.....

:)

Hollowcell 20.06.2005 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ten
I personally dont think you can give a good critical anaysis of a piece of music at all, even purely on a production level with the mindset 'god this genre is fucking shit, I cant stand this bollocks'. So I wont be posting anything here until I feel otherwise.

ten

I don't agree with you here Ten. If we can comment on the production of Jasedee's weirdo cafe music, we can comment on the production of just about anything! :D

Of course there are people who will comment on the tune itself rather than the production aspects (tommer, juho....), but who cares. I'm glad people just give an opinion.

So, c'mon Ten. Toughen up that skin and let us have a track or 2. :D

Tomer=Trance 20.06.2005 05:26 AM

soon i will be mentaly ready to present my work to the world(or at least to the virus forum) :D

ten 20.06.2005 06:00 AM

When the site admin has an avatar denouncing it and there is a thread created dedicated to why it sucks then you know you are wasting your time, so no I wont be......well......maybe another time ;)

And Jasedee, there is no such thing as harsh reality from someone who cannot embrace things with an openmind.

ten

Merlot 20.06.2005 06:23 AM

Just throw something together. I threw that little didy together in about an hour and a half. Doesnt have to be fancy, just something to give us an idea of what you are into. I personally am open and into all kinds of music. I always listen with open eas and appreciate the sweat that goes into every track. C'mon guys!!! This thread has actually gotten me back into it again. I have found myself making time in the past couple of days. :lol:

ten 20.06.2005 06:26 AM

Oh, I have shit loads I could show, I just dont want to here for the reasons I gave above :)

ten

jasedee 20.06.2005 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ten
Oh, I have shit loads I could show, I just dont want to here for the reasons I gave above :)

ten

No worries mate...we wont hassle you anymore! :)

Merlot 20.06.2005 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ten

ten

No Sweat! Different strokes, Different Folks. :wink:

Panopticon 01.07.2005 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Now where are the rest of you?

Tommer, Panopticon, Harry, Tommy, BenC, Ten, Trazash, and everyone else which I can not be bothered listeing.

We wanna hear your tunes!!

Here you go Hollowcell...made this little minute of heaven just for you (not really music, though):
http://home.comcast.net/~suckstar/pretty_broken.mp3

I should have called it 'heavy edit' hehe.