The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Tios 4.0.5 Release is Out (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=32206)

HUEY 28.05.2010 09:25 PM

Tios 4.0.5 Release is Out

About TIOS 4.0.5 Release
Resolved issues, refinements and new features:
• IN: 64-bit Windows Installer now includes RTAS Plug-In
• VC: Cursor keys not working correctly in VC Patch Browser in Logic Pro (fixed)
• VC: VST3 automation not always working after loading project (fixed)
• VC: invalid output configuration window opening multiple times (fixed)
• HI: Enhanced response of User Interface, especially on Snow
• VC: Partly rewritten synchronization engine
• UM: Virus TI Setup Guide included
Known issues:
Graphic Performance under Windows 7 needs fine tuning.
Side chaining into audio instruments is currently not supported in Steinberg Cubase. The
VST3 version shouldn't be used in a productive environment.

nutrinoland 28.05.2010 10:01 PM

Thank you Access...

MBTC 28.05.2010 10:53 PM

"Known issues:
Graphic Performance under Windows 7 needs fine tuning."

Same as several months ago. How can they have not gotten around to this "fine tuning" yet? I bought a Ti2 desktop and had to send it back, it was barely usable (using Win7-64).. Among other things, the knobs and UI were sluggish to work with (at least in FLStudio, so I think this is the same issue they're talking about).

PaPi 29.05.2010 02:36 AM

"Graphic Performance under Windows 7 needs fine tuning."
"
Side chaining into audio instruments is currently not supported in Steinberg Cubase."

OH CRAP! When are they finally going to fix that? I couldn't care less about VST3 and how the plugin functions in Logic!

MBTC 29.05.2010 02:53 AM

What are you using as a host Papi? I have never even used Cubase but from what I am told it would tap strongly into my late-80's experience with Atari ST (which had built in MIDI). I can't believe they are pretending to struggle under Windows7 and not allocating enough resources to address real issues there. I've said it before, I had a Ti2 here for a couple of weeks but it sounded nice, better than my softsynths, but all the limitations and bugs added up to much less than I can accomplish with softsynths, some careful EQing and post processing. At least softsynths never interrupted my workflow and with enough work (sometimes lots) I could get them sounding right, while the Virus was always 2 steps behind latency wise.

Windows 7, which has been out for maybe half a year, already supplanted total Mac marketshare and is the fastest growing OS in history. Access can get stuffed if they can't keep up. I can understand why some companies don't give FLS proper attention given it's roots, but the modern version is an amazing DAW that actually encourages (GASP) good music creation. Just because people got all giddie over iPhones means crap in the big scheme of things, Android kicked Apple's ass over the last year so that means everyone's DAW will be owned by Google and be fully Web based in the next 4 years? lol... The technology industry is in a stupidity freefall. Nobody has yet realized that the smartphone market is an easy-to-enter industry.... make something shiny and demo the capabilities on youtube and you have a SALE! Woot... what does that do for business at large? Fuck nothing if you dont understand the bits and bytes that actually keep the starship going.

hacklecat 29.05.2010 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaPi (Post 296544)
"
Side chaining into audio instruments is currently not supported in Steinberg Cubase."

OH CRAP! When are they finally going to fix that? I couldn't care less about VST3 and how the plugin functions in Logic!

Wow, that's an unattractive, self-serving post if ever I saw one!

PaPi 29.05.2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBTC (Post 296545)
What are you using as a host Papi?

Cubase 5, but occasionally also Sonar 8.5. For some strange reason, the TI seems to work better in Sonar, unlike pretty much anything else. That's unfortunate because I'd really want to ditch Sonar for good. I really hate the unbelievably arrogant Cakewalk people and how they publicly insulted me on their website after refusing to acknowledge that their software was buggy. They wanted to blame me and my system ("it's not because our software has problems, it's because you're doing something wrong!") and started to call me names when I told them that I didn't accept that because, in fact, their software was actually buggy and I knew what I was doing. Unbelievable how they treat their customers. It's a company that doesn't deserve anyone's support, let alone any money.

marc 29.05.2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaPi (Post 296544)
"

the graphic performance problem we are working on since some time. we could have waited for this task to be finished before releasing another version but decided again it since there are some nice under the hood improvements we felt are worth sharing with our users ("Partly rewritten synchronization engine"). as for side chaining you need to address your rant to steinberg.

marc

TheHobbit 29.05.2010 02:51 PM

@Marc :

I though the sidechain instrument support would be a feature of VST3 when it's stable, what have I misunderstood please?

Can you let us know if Access have made any headway with this function and Steinberg ie the 5.5update or will it be Cubase 6 ?

It's a real shame...I am narrow minded and in all the time of owning my virus have still to use the Atomizer function on my TI Desktop as i understand the VST Instrument support is required and the TI is not being used as a soundcard I use a RME FF800 :(

marc 29.05.2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHobbit (Post 296551)
@Marc : I though the sidechain instrument support would be a feature of VST3 when it's stable, what have I misunderstood please?

if steinberg would fully support their own standards and allow virtual instruments to have side chain inputs it would work as beautifully as in ableton live (which has this feature _even_ with VST 2.4). i have no clue if or when steinberg will address this issue.

marc