The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   The forum members' music (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Quandace - Deliverance / trance (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=27650)

F5D 18.11.2006 01:22 PM

Quandace - Deliverance / trance

Link removed due to possible deal with a record label.

cheers,
F5D

AlexHall74 18.11.2006 07:21 PM

Will do Bro, thanks for the choon.

Fekk the record companies!

:wink:

F5D 18.11.2006 09:03 PM

Thanks for the comments Alex. Btw, I did a little fix to the track. So you can download it again if you want. The filename and link are the same. I had a little timing & level problem with one of the distorted "arp" lines. It's fixed now. :)

Khazul 08.12.2006 12:02 AM

F5D - mate - that could be a really nice track - I think you need to bring up the background bits alot more tho they are buried under the bassline... maybe focus the bassline with some EQ?

Your running it all through the charisma? Maybe a little overcooked? Perhpas just run a sub group thorugh it - bassline, kicks. The hollow lead needs more clarity, and the air frequencies from some of the background synths seem lost...

If you dont want to mess with it anymore - sling the audio tracks over and would happily have a go - could be a great track :)

If nothing else - it tells me the charisma is definately a subgroup tool - not an overall mix tool - think I feel a Vitalizer Mk2T whispering to me instead :)

F5D 08.12.2006 11:06 AM

Thanks for you comments Khazul!

In fact the track has quite alot distortion already so most of the distortion which you hear doesn't come from the charisma. Sorry that I don't have the non-charisma version available this time that you could compare. I ran the track into charisma at so low level that it didn't saturate it audibly. The difference is very small but I kinda like what the charisma did to it. Anyway, this track is now about 1.5 years old so I have decided not to do anything more with it and have already started to produce new music. In fact I cannot even load the song project in logic anymore because I sold 1 of my powercore pci mk2 cards so it cannot load all the plugins. I work more with uad1 plugins now.

But I agree that charisma can be a better tool when used for separate tracks and not (just) for the whole mix but if you run it with low drive setting, it doesn't saturate the signal much and it's more like a tape saturation. But I understand that you may get a little wrong impression after hearing this because I have used many sounds with distortion and I really would like to change the 1st lead sound but I guess I let it be like it is and do some new music instead. :D

Anyway, thanks for you comments... :)

MADSTATION 09.12.2006 05:43 PM

Wow, very solid production here.
Great writing too. I love the bass.

Great mix as well.
Original too...Different but not too much. Great balance.

Very nice work

jasedee 10.12.2006 03:58 AM

Listening now...

Great production and sequencing as per usual! Maybe a little bit bright, but that could be my monitors/room. Really punchy/tight sounds.

Good stuff!

:)

Merlot 27.12.2006 01:56 PM

Great tune! Drives hard and has lots of energy. Keep at it.

F5D 06.01.2007 10:41 AM

Thank you for the comments guys! :)

piku303 23.01.2007 05:15 PM

wow i loved your track. to me i think it doesnt need any work. it gets the point acrossed as is, even if its not "perfect". you said it was a little old and you were done with it. i know what you mean, i have some tracks i tweaked for ever and they drove me nuts and finally i just let them be as they were. have you posted any other songs?