The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about music (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Sun Studio Pics - Memphis, TN (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26417)

AlexHall74 10.01.2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

Doc Jones wrote:
I am just going to have to check it out.
Do it! They rock!

No Mexican meal is complete without a top shelf margarita on the rocks...

A friend of mine made one recently that had Patron Silver, Chilled Spring Water, and Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice + a Splash of Grand Marinier. It was really good!!! 8)

Oh, and if you go through Albuquerque on your way out further West, the place to eat there is Garduno's. A massive, awesome Mexican battleship of a restaurant. They have a happy hour M-F that is out of this world. If you are drinking beer or wine in the bar area, you can eat off the buffet for free as long as its out. They make all kinds of great little chimichangas, tostadas, mini-burritos, tacos, sopapillas, nachos, etc.

The same owner also owns a 50's restaurant called Yesterdave's where all the waiters and waitresses dress up like 50s actors/actresses, just like in the movie "Pulp Fiction."

Pplus, you can buy a suitcase full of Native American silver jewelry with turquoise, lapis, coral, etc. for pennies of what it is worth.

Go for it!

Guzzy 10.01.2006 12:26 PM

MG1214

Nice to see a picture og the Akai MG1214!
hmmm....why did I sell mine for "nothing" (new price: 3x Ti polar) :( , have Akai-tapes it would bee funny to listen to.

Doc Jones 12.01.2006 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexHall74
Oh, and if you go through Albuquerque on your way out further West, the place to eat there is Garduno's. A massive, awesome Mexican battleship of a restaurant. They have a happy hour M-F that is out of this world. If you are drinking beer or wine in the bar area, you can eat off the buffet for free as long as its out. They make all kinds of great little chimichangas, tostadas, mini-burritos, tacos, sopapillas, nachos, etc.

Sounds like you are quite travelled there my friend. I will be leaving for Albuquerque in a day or two, so I will definitely check out Garduno's! Any recommendations for Phoenix?

AlexHall74 12.01.2006 01:03 AM

Quote:

Doc Jones wrote:
Sounds like you are quite travelled there my friend. I will be leaving for Albuquerque in a day or two, so I will definitely check out Garduno's! Any recommendations for Phoenix?
I've travelled a little, but not enough! Those trips are from my days as a software installation tech, someone else was fotting the bill for the flights and hotels; I had to find my way out of work and into the bars and restaurants. :lol:

BTW, a specialty in Albuquerque is the green tomatillo chilis and the salsa verde they make of it. It is not too hot and has a good, unique flavor, so slop up a big dollop of it on whatever you get there if you can.

I wish I had a recommendation for you in Phoenix, my friend lives ins Scottsdale (right next to Phoenix) so I'll give her a call and ask for the top spots in that locale.

Cheers!

jasedee 12.01.2006 02:46 AM

Re: MG1214

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guzzy
Nice to see a picture og the Akai MG1214!

Yeah, I hear those are really nice machines...

~+? 20.01.2006 01:11 AM

Cool road trip dude :wink: Check out some layed back country life at the Great Smoky Mountain's Tennessee if you can get there. I'm thinking of spending some time up there this year with my guitar 8)

Doc Jones 23.01.2006 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~+?
Cool road trip dude :wink: Check out some layed back country life at the Great Smoky Mountain's Tennessee if you can get there. I'm thinking of spending some time up there this year with my guitar 8)

Wish I had heard about this national park before I left on my trip, but unfortunately I am heading in the other direction - towards LA. Looks like the perfect place to bring a guitar, mic and a laptop.

~+? 24.01.2006 02:39 AM

Yep and the Polar in a cabin with cable and outside hot tub with a view. :lol: :D Nice chicks around there too :wink: