The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Trouble with your Access Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Updating Virus TI takes long time? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=30293)

jamie3 02.01.2009 10:03 PM

Updating Virus TI takes long time?

My virus ti takes quite a long time to update. Roughly 5+ minutes. does anyone else experience the same symptoms?

I have done a lot of embedded programming and have updated firmware on many other devices before and have never encountered an update being this slow.

Doc Jones 02.01.2009 11:43 PM

yup, the long wait for the firware to update is the norm for the TI.

suzzymackenzie 03.01.2009 07:52 AM

Seemed a little slow to me too. Just reframe it as a beverage-making opportunity, or think of it as 'thorough'!

Totty 03.01.2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie3 (Post 284959)
My virus ti takes quite a long time to update. Roughly 5+ minutes. does anyone else experience the same symptoms?

I have done a lot of embedded programming and have updated firmware on many other devices before and have never encountered an update being this slow.

That's pretty good, feels longer to me:)

Pighood 03.01.2009 09:32 PM

Count yourself lucky....mine can no longer update at all. So...no Virus Control for me. Ti operates in stand-alone mode only.

suzzymackenzie 04.01.2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pighood (Post 285003)
Count yourself lucky....mine can no longer update at all. So...no Virus Control for me. Ti operates in stand-alone mode only.

Pighood, you have my sympathy. This is a long shot, but when I get myself into a failure loop with technology, cycling through the manual, doing the same things in a different order, headscratching, walking once round the block etc, the solution is often to get another pair of eyes and hemispheres on the matter. Of course, this forum is a bit like that, but I guess I'm thinking about having someone actually standing by your shoulder and able to observe. That's when you get the 'have you tried...?' and 'why did you just...?' nudges that sometimes do the trick.

jamie3 04.01.2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pighood (Post 285003)

same for me with version 2.7.3

then i upgraded to 2.7.5 and control came back

Pighood 04.01.2009 10:35 PM

I would downgrade to 2.7.3...or to ANYTHING....but I can't. The Virus simply will NOT enter stage 2 of update mode (not BIOS, but the blinking transpose LED's).

What's worse is that Access themselves have no idea what's going on either.

Fukksocks. :(

DeFex 07.01.2009 02:23 AM

Is there ANY way to get it to just uninsstall/reinstall drivers without doing a firmware update. its annoying when i had to change USB ports.

Pighood 07.01.2009 03:12 AM

I wish I knew.