View Full Version : clear bassline!!
27.10.2003, 10:07 PM
I have a virus A and I would like to know how make basslines with around and clean sound.
I have often problems to make simply clear sound and I don't know how i should modulate parameters in other to obtain these sound!
Thanks for your answers
28.10.2003, 02:11 AM
A clear question would help ;)
Post up an example!
28.10.2003, 10:03 AM
Sorry for my english!!
When I speak about a "clear bassline", It isn't a satured sound or worked with a lot of effects. It's simply a sound based to classical bass.
If you know the liquid drum'n bass, it's basslines used by producers such as High Contrast, Blue Skin or Greg packer.
28.10.2003, 10:17 AM
Drum'n'bass brings sub basses to my mind.
1. Oscillator balance to Osc2.
2. Drop the Osc2 pitch by 12 or 24.
3. Set detune to 0.
4. From the oscillator edit menu set oscillator phase int to 1 and set the subosc waveform to triangle.
5. Add subosc volume by taste (depending on how much boom you want)
6. Filters in paraller 6 and balance to first filter so that you have a nice 24dB filter.
7. Set the cutoff so that the osc2 saw starts to sound very soft.
8. Add some filter envelope and some resonance to your taste. (or don't add at all to get traditional subbass)
9. If you have C, cut down the really low frequencies and the high frequencies.
10. Add some analog boost if you wish.
You can also use osc 2 and 3 as squares to get that d'n'b woover-like bass.
28.10.2003, 12:10 PM
I think that I'm near to obtain the sound which I want
vBulletin® v3.6.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.